Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes I just feel like I'm dumb I think I can't articulate very well its so frustrating because I cant even get my point across sometimes I don't know if its just me being self-conscious about myself but it really bothers me.

·
Merry whatever
2,136 Posts
Yeah, all the time. Trouble concentrating, don't read/understand things as quickly, poor decision making.
And the worst part is I usually don't feel like improving any of it.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Ever since I started on medication I have the same feeling. Risperidone was probably the worst, but the cocktail I am now isn't much better.

·
Registered
431 Posts
It's taken me a long time - my whole life until the past 2 years or so - to realize that I am not dumb. The anxiety just gets in the way of processing information and articulating my thoughts. I had a lot of trouble in school, and the teachers would periodically test me to see if I had a learning disability, but were always stumped when it showed that I was fine.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Definitely. I am certain that all the antidepressants I have been on over the years have seriously impacted my ability to think and speak. I feel like an idiot most of the time, which just compounds my anxiety and depression.

·
Realistic
657 Posts
Many times I feel dumb due to poor concentration, overthinking anxiety etc.

·
Fighting demons!
767 Posts
Iam not dumb, am powerful and magnificent. I am the most intellectual person with a unique sense of thinking and ideas that am sure I was destined for great things.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I definitely do. Have since I've had anxiety/depression issues. Feeling slow just gives me more anxiety and depression so it sucks. Trying to find the right med that works well enough for the anxiety/depression and doesn't slow me down. I think it's more from the stress than any med that messes with your cognition though, because I actually feel I can think more clearly when I start to get drunk. More at ease and don't have anxiety mentally blocking my thought process. But then of course I don't think very clearly if I drink too much.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah they do for a reason, Doctors over prescribe these things like sweets the problem is people just don't know enough about them.

Pharma is huge business and getting people hooked on these things is what keeps them making huge profits. Doctors are all in on this that's why you see new medications suddenly appearing out of nowhere! and the FDA magically devise new behavior disorders / mental disorders which in reality have been coined with the intention of getting people hooked on medication. They then begin to categorize people! show a few symptoms oh you must have bipolar oh you must have this!

Take this cocktail of drugs it's ok :) then it's out the door into the big bad world.

Do your research on the pharmaceutical industry / history of Anti depressants pay close attention to the side effects and ingredients! There are also lots of cover ups lawsuits masking the real truths about these tablets! It's all out there! you just gotta go look

Medication is horrrendous! each to there own though

1 - 11 of 11 Posts