Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do. I just started this position at work a couple weeks ago and at first it seemed ok but now i am having a hard time with it. As long as I can remember I have always been bad about comparing my work performance to others...like how others learn, train, and do their jobs. I am always thinking that everyone does better than me. This has got me wanting to go back to what i was doing where the stress wasnt so bad. Does anybody else do this? What is your stories?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Well part of jobs requires you to be a "team player" and somewhat social. The other intern is so much better in that department. She is so funny, outgoing, likeable, brings people together, and is generally well liked. I bet if they offered one of the interns to come back next summer it would 10000% be her. I'm just resentful that she makes everyone laugh yet does a good job. All I can rely on is doing a good job. I'm always comparing myself to her and it just makes me so much more insecure!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I don't have a job yet, but I'm that way with school. The kids on my school's academic team get great grades, are popular, and participate in a lot of extra curricular stuff. Me? Nothing. I feel like I'm an ant compared to these people. It should inspire me to perform better, but instead, I get caught in the depression cycle and just want to give up. I just think, what good am I if these kids can do everything I do way better?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts