Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Do you buckle up?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wonderin' if people use seatbelts.. I think its dumb not to use one, especially if youre trying to show off. :stu

·
Registered
5,322 Posts
absolutely.

because it is the law. and i know that the government is worried sick about my well being.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Yes I do. Its a $20 dollar fine if I get caught without one.

·
SA's Slave
444 Posts
Yes. Even when I'm in the back. I don't want any one to get a ticket because of me. But it feels a little weird in the back.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Yup. I feel weird without it.

·
Yup.. it's me!
2,458 Posts
I didn't when I was young and then it became the law. I started to do it and then it just became second nature when I get in a car.... and it does feel weird without it.

·
Registered
742 Posts
when i was younger whenever i rode in a cab i wouldn't wear a seatbelt but now i always do

·
Losing Ground
2,121 Posts
I always buckle up, even when my friends make fun of me for it, which is a pretty retarded thing to do.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
I always wear a seat belt and all my passengers will be wearing one too unless they wish to be throw out and walk. It's not that I'm so concerned about them; it's more that I don't want them flying about the car in a crash and hurting me.

one dumb user name said:
absolutely.

because it is the law. and i know that the government is worried sick about my well being.
I recall reading that a stunning 1 in 6 Americans is on Medicaid (program for the poor, not to be confused with Medicare for seniors & the disabled). If you add in all those covered by Medicare and anyone not covered by either program, but without private health insurance or the money to pay for their own care, you get quite a few people that the government (you, the taxpayer) will be paying to fix should they get hurt by not wearing a seat belt.

It makes no sense why Wisconsin has a seat belt law, but no motorcycle helmet law. Strikes me as a double standard.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts