Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Leben ist verrückt!!!!
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always hear the phrase "Just be patient, someday you will meet your soulmate." Do you'll believe this? I think its just something people tell us to give us hope, so that we dont hate ourselves. I use to believe this line.

But now, I dont think its true. I do think that some people have an easier time finding compatibility with people. What do u think?

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
I believe in multiple soulmates. There are billions of people on this planet, the chances that someone out there will be the perfect match for you is very high. The problem is running into this person will be highly unlikely.

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
I think if you meet someone that you have good chemistry with and can see yourself with you should hold on for dear life. I made the mistake of thinking that I will have plenty of other chances. This was when I was still in school and meeting people your age with similar interests was a lot easier than in the real world.

·
HeavyDirtySøul
5,969 Posts
Thats a hard question.. I dont really believe in the whole true love and love at first site thing.. and I think soulmates fits in with that. But I guess it depends on what you think a soulmate is. I think theres someone out there who are perfect for someone else. And I guess that could be a soulmate. But a prince charming who is your destiny to find and live happily ever after? No.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
No, I don't believe in soulmates. I'm not even completely sure how I feel about love even existing.

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Thats a hard question.. I dont really believe in the whole true love and love at first site thing.. and I think soulmates fits in with that. But I guess it depends on what you think a soulmate is. I think theres someone out there who are perfect for someone else. And I guess that could be a soulmate. But a prince charming who is your destiny to find and live happily ever after? No.
I don't believe in the idea of love at first sight because there is zero way to know if you have compatible personalities. I guess you could fall in love with the way they look. But I wouldn't call that true love.

·
SAS Member
2,346 Posts
I'd like to believe that we all have soulmates, but I'm not so sure.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I don't believe in soul mates but I do think people are put in your path for a reason whether it kids, parents, friends.

·
Banned
3,285 Posts
Your path in life is riddled with crossroads. Usually of paths from different people intersecting with yours. Sometimes you'll have dead ends, or periods of inactivity. I did a study of something like that using astrological charts, and that I was going to meet a Virgo in Florida at the age of 36. Our love life will be somewhat boring, but it'll be stable.

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
I believe it is possible.

I have looked at this very question rather obsessively for a couple of years now, and I also agree with the idea that there are several "the ones" out there for everyone. Of course, no "one" is going to meet you if you hang around at home....

it is possible to be quite happy with any one of those "ones".

However, I also believe it is possible that there is such a thing as a soulmate, a person with whom you connect immediately. and that doesn't just pertain to a romantic connection either.

I also believe it is possible that a person's soulmate may not be on the same plane as your current existence. They may be elsewhere. but hey, that's just me.

·
MEAT POPSICLE
857 Posts
I did....

:boogie I found my soulmate....at age 15 1/2, we started dating the day we met and waited til I turned 18 then got married......fast forward ......
19 1/2 yrs later still married to a great guy....very supportive......I got very very , lucky! :yes

I always hear the phrase "Just be patient, someday you will meet your soulmate." Do you'll believe this? I think its just something people tell us to give us hope, so that we dont hate ourselves. I use to believe this line.

But now, I dont think its true. I do think that some people have an easier time finding compatibility with people. What do u think?

·
Nobody's Perfect
1,105 Posts
I kind of believe that there is someone out there for you. Sometimes things are just not meant to be. If your relationship fails I believe that you will find someone else.

·
I can't take this...
493 Posts
Even though I've been so lucky to find someone.... I don't believe in the notion of a soulmate. Even if you're perfectly compatible and everything is all nice and beautiful, that doesn't mean you couldn't find that exact same happiness with another, in the same way. The experience would be different because the couple would be different, but it's possible to achieve the same success and happiness with person A as it would be with persons B, C, and D.

·
Registered
619 Posts
People who say they fell in love at first sight simply were attracted to each other and ended up compatible. You don't hear them say it was love at first sight when it doesn't work out.

·
Registered
138 Posts
No, I don't believe in soul-mates. The older i get the more i don't believe. I think people like us need something to believe in to give us hope. Or too much TV watching. Life is not like the movies.

Until i see a really ugly couple then i tend to believe again.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
People who say they fell in love at first sight simply were attracted to each other and ended up compatible. You don't hear them say it was love at first sight when it doesn't work out.
Yeah, pretty much. That "love" they felt when they first saw each other was actually lust at first sight.

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
I've heard this a couple of times. love at first sight, but it didn't work out for whatever reason. both persons were at a loss as to explain why. I thought it was intensely sad, therefore imbued with a certain sort of terrible beauty. or something like that.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts