Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not too sure if this is the right forum to post this topic but anyhow...personally, I do. Whenever I feel upset and feel like I can't go on, I just tell myself that I'm just clearing away my 'debt' or bad karma that has been accumulated by myself either in this present life or my past lives. As long as I don't create even more bad karmas I'll hopefully have a rosier future :b . I found that this helps me keep a positive outlook on life, what about you?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well, I don't believe in past or future lives. I do believe if you are mean to people, it will come back to haunt you. In my more cynical moments, I don't even believe that one. That song "Only the good die young" seems more correct.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think I believe in karma too much. If I end up killing an ant or something, I totally freak out because I think that the next day is going to be really bad

·
You can do this!
4,464 Posts
Nope.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Kind of. But I think of it more as a this-lifetime deal, and I'm not sure if I'd say it was supernatural, or all-encompassing at all. There are so many things coming into play in one's life and if that was one of them I think it would be one of many.
But if you make others suffer I think that will come back to you, and if one does good things with their lifetime, I think that comes back to them in certain ways too. And I also think it works on a more day-to-day basis. I notice when I've rejected someone or something, I'll get stung by a bee lol or have similar bad events in the ensuing days, and I start to wonder if their anger or negative feelings about it have come back to me.
I think emotion is a very powerful force. I wouldn't say for sure I believe in things of the above nature, but I think it is possible.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I agree..I belive in karma and I also have had a feeling my whole life that i am making up for something i did in a past life or something....and instead of going straight to hell I am living with sa and depression...so that I can go to heaven...it sounds weird and maybe it is totally wrong, but I've just always felt this way about it...I don't know why.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I don't really understand the whole meaning of 'Karma' but i don't think we had past lives, i don't understand that concept, how would we makeup for anything if we don't even remember what our past lives were? Did God just reincarnate us with different purposes and feelings, and instilled in us something that would justify what we did in our last lives so that we continue learning and what we learned in this life is instilled in us naturally when we are 're-created?' I'm not coming back to earth after i die..I'm flying up with the angels, thats my personal beleif.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I believe in Karma and reincarnation. To me, it makes more sense then heaven and hell, but that's just my opinion. (btw, B Mamba, this post is in the right place)

~ Greg

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
It all stems from the idea of dependent-arising, which transcends one's lifetime.

I questioned Karma in one of my papers once when I took a course on Buddhism after we had seen a video on Hinduism and my professor dismissed it in my paper by saying I wasn't being an objective phenomenologist, whatever that means. Apparently, you can't question things in Buddhism/Hinduism as well.

·
indecisive piece of ****
634 Posts
I believe in karma, as in the weight of your actions and how they affect the universe (and yourself!).

But reincarnation, I'm not sure. It could very much be real; when the body dies, that energy inside of you probably travels around until it can occupy and manifest itself into some other living thing. But that kind of makes it sound like parasitism... :|

·
Banned
3,285 Posts
I am a living karma...and have seen the ones who've abused me come back around to give them misfortune and heartache. Sad to see it happen, but its the way it goes.

·
Querdenker
5,684 Posts
The principle that you reap what you sow is present in spirituality in general, and is true. It is no different from saying that you only get out what you put in. If everyone wanted only to take good things out, but not contribute them, then that would not work.

PS this thread is in the running for the necro-thread of the year award

PPS after this example, I don't want anyone to talk about my reviving threads ever again

PPPS this thread was worth reviving

1 - 15 of 15 Posts