Votes: 88 58.7%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 17 11.3%
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Moving Towards Destiny
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a very simple question and one not posed lightly or frivolously.

It is asked in all sincerity and with all seriousness.

Do you believe in God?
Our Creator?
Creator of All?

Over the years many times when I have agonized over my lonely desolation and it's meaning if any, I have thought about many things concerning life, death, how and why we are here.

When you are alone for so many years and live a painful, lonely life of what seems like a meaningless existence, I often have prayed to God and contemplated the meaning of life.

What do you think if I may ask?
My own answer is "yes".

I realize that this is a personal and often very difficult and controversial matter to discuss, so please if everyone would be civil and polite and stick to SAS guidelines !

This thread was put here to promote constructive thought and contemplation to help us if possible, not to stir up antagonism and ill feelings.

Thank you. :)

·
SAS Member
13,226 Posts
I pray a lot (because what else are you supposed to turn to when you have no one and don't want to kill yourself?) and it seems to help/work, but I am still unsure. I'm leaning more towards believing than not, though.

·
Chlorine and Wine
12,105 Posts
I believe that we will win.

Ah, **** all.

·
Sigh.
9,313 Posts
No. I could elaborate, but that's what the atheist thread is for.

·
Banned
4,659 Posts
I do in fact believe in God and believe that our life of pain and death is not without reason. I believe that life goes beyond the grave and is eternal; that our agony in this world is not meaningless though it often seems to be.

What do you think if I may ask?
Thanks. :)
This seems so idealistic and fanciful. You're welcome :D

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Lucky are those that can go through life believing there's some sense and purpose to it all. How nice it would be to escape reality in such a manner.

·
Long Term Member
Yo
5,334 Posts
This thread has restored my faith humanity a tad bit.

Then again....it could just be because atheism is just popular and not because people believe it in and hold it dear. Some people just have herd mentality.

·
Nat
132 Posts
I think you can find meaning in life without clinging to a totalitarian father figure. There's also a plethora of evidence out there that should be enough to make you feel stupid for believing in something that was created during a primitive period of our existence. Whatever makes you happy though.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Yes i do

I will say that i'm not a textbook Christian..& i don't really read the bible, much..sadly also, i haven't been to church in quite awhile, i'am however spiritual..& do pray to Jesus Christ, not everyday..i do forget & become selfish in my own issues, but yeah..i'm a spiritual person; just not a fundamental extremist or anything. My views are pretty chill.

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
Nope. Prayer doesn't work. God could reveal himself to all of humanity if he wants us to believe.

·
Banned
2,768 Posts
No. And my cynicism of religion grows as i get older. My mom said its just a phase in high school when she could sense i didnt believe in god. But i can safely say its not a phase

Thank god

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
God could reveal himself to all of humanity if he wants us to believe.
He does and He has.
Yes, I do believe in God. There have been too many things He has done for me to say otherwise.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I think you can find meaning in life without clinging to a totalitarian father figure. There's also a plethora of evidence out there that should be enough to make you feel stupid for believing in something that was created during a primitive period of our existence. Whatever makes you happy though.
Yeah. You don't need god(s) to live with meaning just make your own. At least then you're not limited by outdated, dogmatic tenets.

·
Moving Towards Destiny
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks guys !
I appreciate your honest answers.

I have at some point in my own life probably thought most everything that has been put in this thread; doubts, frustrations, hope, belief, faith, and no faith.

So I appreciate your thoughts and I offer my best wishes to all of you. Life is a very hard road to travel especially for us with severe SA so I hope we all can find purpose and hope in our lives and find truth where ever it may take us.

Peace and Smiles, Chuck

1 - 20 of 81 Posts