Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason I find women who already have boyfriends extremely irresistible. More so for engaged or married women. Perhaps it's because you know she's probably not interested. But mostly because you want to know why this other guy is so into her. There must be something amazing about her for her to be taken. I realize this is unhealthy but people can't help what or who they are attract to.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I can honestly say I've never had this problem. There have been times when I got crushes on girl who were taken, but they never became more appealing because they were taken. In fact it always worked against me developing further feelings for them.

I guess I just don't see the fact that someone made it into a committed relationship as an indicator of their worth.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I don't have this problem, but I know some people who do. Apparently there's some thrill of knowing that you can't have someone. Also, the fact that they are "taken" means that they are somehow more desirable (because obviously someone else thinks so too). From all I've gathered, it's a pretty normal thing to experience. Why else are there so many extramarital affairs? :)

·
banana enthusiast
7,078 Posts
Not really, but girls who are taken seem to be more friendly and sometimes they try to make casual chit-chat with me, unlike single girls.

If I'm attracted to a girl, I actually get sort of a sense of relief if I find out she's taken, because then I don't have to torture myself thinking about trying to talk to her (which I couldn't do anyway).

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
apparently, I become more attractive to someone when they're taken.

1,934 Posts
That's messed up that you go out of your way, but...

I have been attracted to lots of taken people, not because they're taken, but because I want them. Them being taken is an unfortunate byproduct of the world sucking ***.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Not really, the only reason I'm attracted to people who are taken is because usually they are more desirable such as good looks, fun personality, etc, but not because someone has her and that I can't have her.

But that's okay if you do, I mean like you said, you can't help what you are attracted to.

1,934 Posts
Evil as it sounds, I have wished to get rid of certain people's significant others, since in a monogamy obsessed society they are unfortunately in the way ...

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
Not really. Once I found out someone is taken I think off-limits.
That's how I feel about married women...not that I've had many chances to even be interested in a married woman but if I was, it would be so easy to move on.
I wish it were that easy if she's "taken" by a boyfriend...things can change easier and quicker when it's that type of "taken", so it's harder to accept and move on, just in case...

Overall, if I'm attracted to somebody, that's just the way it is, whether they're married, in a relationship, or otherwise.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts