Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Shining Phoenix
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you ever analyze your daydreams?

I remember 3 years ago till recently, I used to daydream about scenarios where I'm either dying or am seriously injured in front of a family member or a friend, then I would watch them cry over my death or injuries. I really hated the fact that something like this would come across my head, and it also seemed strange to me since I'm not (and never was) suicidal nor am I the type of person who inflicts harm on his body. I found out that it was the severe need of attention and sympathy I wanted from my family and friends that made me think like this. I've always felt that nobody close to me cared enough about me since barely anyone openly expresses how much I mean to them, even though they most likely do care.

Still, at times, I'd daydream of situations (though none of them containing death anymore, thankfully) similar to the ones I've written above, but I try my hardest to lose these thoughts. I've realized this little "fantasy" comes to me when I'm feeling really down.

So does anybody else analyze their daydreams?

·
Lost
275 Posts
I sometimes daydream about people being upset over things that happen to me. I figure it's just a natural feeling of being wanted. Since SA holds us back from communicating properly with the people we love, we show our want in a different way.

In my opinion it's completely normal. :)

Good luck.

·
stillborn
1,764 Posts
This is a really interesting topic. I daydream a lot. Most frequently about myself being blind. I don't know why. I've actually gone a month with a blind-fold on not seeing anything- just to experience what being blind would be like. I don't know what this means. But I agree with Hysteric.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts