Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Swedish Feminist
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sometimes i just don't remember how old i am.

something to be worried about? or is it perfectly normal for as you get older, since you have more important things to worry about (not that i have a lot on my mind these days)?

·
-_-
83 Posts
Sadly I dont have this privilege yet lol.. would'nt worry about it if I was you, just embrace it. It becomes more normal to forget your age amongst about everything else once you've reached 80+

·
Banned
974 Posts
There's been a few times that I had to stop and think about it. I lied a lot about my age in the past. I told people I was 30 for about 10 years. So yeah, I've lost count. :teeth What's in a number anyway?

·
Banned
1,634 Posts
Occasionally I've forgotten how old I am...I'm 72 now right?

·
I feel it all
31 Posts
Sometimes I forget. My mindset is younger than my age. When I think of my real age I start to get a bit panicky.

·
Loveisloveisloveislove
2,785 Posts
Sometimes when I have alot on my mind

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
no. sometimes I have to think about it, and then I get reeeeelly worried.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
I was quite shocked when I realized I was turning 35 this year. I knew I wasn't 33, but I didn't think I was turning 35. :confused:

Somewhat unrelated but my dad had this thing where he was always rounding up our ages. So when I was 13, he would say "You're 14. You need to start helping around the house more..." :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Ok so the day you are born you are 1 day old and after a year you are 1 year old. Should we say instead that we are in our second year of life rather than counting backward? Like what century is this?
Anyway, I'm over 50, that's good enough for me without having to get into details.

·
banana enthusiast
7,050 Posts
A couple of years ago I was sometimes forgetful about my age, but since joining SAS it's hard for me to forget since I see my age next to every post I make.

·
merry-seeking
473 Posts
My mindset is younger than my age. When I think of my real age I start to get a bit panicky.
Me too! Made worse because I look younger than my peers and haven't shared some of the same major life experiences, so it's hard to relate. I can well recall my age, because I think about how I've fallen behind in the progress I expected to make throughout life.

·
Registered
884 Posts
It's ok. Age does not define a person. Character does. I think it's rude for someone to ask for your age randomly anyway.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Ha, I'm going to be 34 in a few days and this past year has been the first where I had to think about how old I was. I think this is the first time I haven't thought too much about my age.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Sometimes I forget my age cause i don't feel my age. Some people say I look like im 19 or something, but when i tell them my real age they laugh. I really hate that.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts