Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Big Boo's Haunt
3,980 Posts
I just shove them in whichever is convenient at the time. If it's the one I pick up with my left hand, it goes into my left ear regardless of what one it's labelled as. Sometimes if I've noticed, I might put them in the correct ears just because, but that happens maybe once a month... 50-50 chance is good enough for me.

·
We Found Love
4,685 Posts
Nope.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Not always - sometimes, I like to surprise myself :lol

·
unstable
2,590 Posts
I feel like my head will explode if I wear my earphones without first checking the letter on one of the earbuds.
^^this

I won't put headphones/earbuds without checking. Sometimes I listen to music in bed, but my night vision is terrible, so if I can't see the letter on the thing I'll get up and turn on the light just to see which letter is marked.
I put different shaped rubber things on each earbud so theoretically I should know the difference but I have to check every time anyway.

·
going hazy
8,724 Posts
I'm surprised so many people don't know/care. Putting your earphones/headphones backwards will result in a reverse-stereo effect, which would be enough reason for me to want to make sure I have it right. :stu

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Yes, but i have tried it the other way round and I suspect the difference may be psychological.
It really depends on the bitrate of your music, along with the quality of the earbuds. I suspect most people aren't like me with good quality IEMs and 320kpbs (or FLAC) music. The sound stage plays a big part for my enjoyment of the music, so having proper left/right means I can hear the drums behind me and whatever way the guitar/bass/vocals and whatnot are situated.

I'm just picky I guess.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.