Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
PreciousGleamingMcNugget
5,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think that the more progress you make with SA, the more you let go of being annoyed and jealous of them.

I used to absolutely LOATHE everyone around them. I would seriously have violent thoughts about particular kids at school. Not even because they did anything bad to me, but just because they were popular or loud or any other characteristic that was the opposite of me.

Now, I'm much much much more open to liking people. I still get annoyed by the people who talk a lot in class and have a lot of fun and friends (or at least seem to), but it's not that much. I've realized that the people I always hated so much were the people I wanted to be like, at least the way they were always so open.

I'm picky about who I would want to be friends with, and I'm not sure if I would necessarily think "beggars can't be choosers" if someone wanted to be my friend by I thought they were boring or something. I don't know if it's better to hang out with someone that you don't really care for that much, or to not hang out with anyone at all. I'll be honest and say I'd probably rather be by myself and have just a few good friends.

·
ಠ ¿ ಠ
913 Posts
Well, certainly. I'd always feel a certain... propinquity... with those stereotypically loud and extroverted students, especially the ones in my classes back at high school, because they were always friendly whenever they managed to say something to me.

·
immortal in the making
820 Posts
when i'm serving customers, if they do just one thing that bugs me, i immagine some really weird stuff. like.. ***** slapping them with the loaf of bread they are buying. or smashing the bottle of wine/whisky/gin/vodka/rum/etc over their pitiful head. or freezing their face off with the aerosol product they are buying. or that they...
*breathes deep*
i am deeply cynical about almost every human i meet...
my job has only made it worse (probably started it, actually)
but i will admit, i flirted like never before with this cute lady the other day!! shame it was only in my head tho :(

·
Registered
315 Posts
You have no obligation to like anyone. You just form your own preferences. Don't hate people even if 90% of them are nasty to you at some point of your life. There are those who will help you too. Treasure them, grow with them.

And you'll have nothing to complain about in your lil empire :3

·
Chief Worrier
1,889 Posts
i don't dislike people for being more extroverted or charming than i am. i get a little envious sometimes. but mostly i just try to imagine being brave enough to do what others do and the thought makes me get physical symptoms of anxiety.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I used to absolutely despise people for weird reasons, like being too loud or yeah, popular. I'd secretly plan some sort of revenge, passive-aggressively, of course nothing ever came out of those. I find myself much more accepting of people now, I realize that not everyone is out to get you--more so, people don't really pay much attention to others. I rarely criticize anyone any more, Now I just do it to myself--lol.

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
I dont dislike the general population; I just find that very few people are really interesting to me.
I totally agree. :yes

but I tend to get irritated quite easily with people
one way or another, or at one time or another.

I had a ****er riding my *** today coming home from Friendly's. So I was trying to keep my calm but at the same time was thinking, "Okay buddy. You wanna **** with me, I'll play you game. So I started going slower and slower, waiting for him to back off. Didn't take long till he was a decent enough distance behind me then I sped back up to the right speed.

I can safely say that many people piss me off all lot of time. *shrug*
I wish I didn't get so wound up by these things. I've been feeling a lot of tension lately. So, yeah, that's what my problem is right now. My own inner tension magnified by the stupidity of the world, and especially, of myself. I need a real big kick in the ***.

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
I wouldn't say I hate people, but a lot of them seem very annoying and it's hard to find anyone who will hold my interest. Of course, this is probably because I hardly go anywhere and haven't met many people, but it's my opinion as of now.

·
Banned
728 Posts
I like people that are decent and non-judgemental. I haven't found very many people like that. But if there is someone i find that is likeable, then i will give them a chance.

I know i generalise about people quite a bit, but i will judge people individually whether or not i could be friends with them or not.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I hate people. Well, actually, it's teenagers I hate, every time i'm around them I get so angry and I just can't stand it :\

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.