Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find myself angry at alot of people, mainly because I end up the one left out, wherever i go whoever i meet, and i know its simply because i don't talk enough. EVeryone else is just living their lives like we would if we COULD; do we have a right to be mad at them for not being understanding or being there when we need them? especially for the few of us who might have a slight chance of maintaining friendships; how much should we expect from these people? what is just normal reaction to something unusual (Us) and what is simply out of order, selfish behavior? I find myself angry at people but i dont know if they're really doing anything wrong. Obvsly its part jealously, but that aside i dont know how much i should be expecting as i KNOW theres a limit to what they can say or do, but i think its hard as a SA sufferer to know what the line is between a "good "or "bad" person.

·
Registered
28 Posts
"a good or bad person": it haunts us all, the moral consequences of our actions/inertia. You said 'selfish', and I think we have to accept this before we move on. It's like we're asking the world to 'help me get what I want for me', and we all know it won't; the world's too busy, too competitive to care what we want; that's the way it is and it's sort-of the way it should be.

In other words: don't expect sense and explanations from people - you'll only end up disappointed. The fact that you're asking these questions makes you a good/nice/worthwhile person; that's something you have to build on.

Beautiful quote, by the way.

·
Banned
5,875 Posts
I find myself angry at alot of people, mainly because I end up the one left out, wherever i go whoever i meet, and i know its simply because i don't talk enough. EVeryone else is just living their lives like we would if we COULD; do we have a right to be mad at them for not being understanding or being there when we need them? especially for the few of us who might have a slight chance of maintaining friendships; how much should we expect from these people? what is just normal reaction to something unusual (Us) and what is simply out of order, selfish behavior? I find myself angry at people but i dont know if they're really doing anything wrong. Obvsly its part jealously, but that aside i dont know how much i should be expecting as i KNOW theres a limit to what they can say or do, but i think its hard as a SA sufferer to know what the line is between a "good "or "bad" person.
I'm angry at normal people much of the time. I shouldn't be, I don't really have the right. Like you said, they're just living there lives the way that I would, if only I didn't have this disease. They don't know how much it takes just to reach out and communicate. The only thing they see is that you're not attempting to maintain any kind of relationship or display interest. The reason behind it isn't apparent, so naturally they assume you just don't like them, when that isn't the real reason at all. Of course, some people will totally ignore you no matter what your words or actions show.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I can relate and it's a terrible feeling. I find myself constantly distancing myself from others and taking out my anger about my condition on those around me. I find, I usually get angry at the people who I love and need the most. It's strange, but that's how it's always seemed to work with me.

I get sooooo angry with myself for treating people the way I do, but I get nervous in situations and instead of acting scared, I get angry and frustrated. It's such a vicious cycle!!!:mum

1 - 5 of 5 Posts