Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my girlfriend's neighbor gave her brother (whom she lives with) a female dog two week ago. they told them that she was already spayed but she humps her dog bed quite often. she doesnt hump anything else, just her bed. i told my girlfriend to pay attention to see if theres any blood (period) because that would mean she hasnt been spayed. i always thought that once a dog was spayed/neutered they no longer had the urge to hump?

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Our female dog would always go crazy on our male dog, and vice versa, and they were both fixed.
Haha, this reminds me of the time when this stray dog randomly came to our house and would not leave my brother's leg alone. I've never seen a dog who was so determined.

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
yup. the older of the dead *****es used to do it with the other ***** all the time. it was more of a domination thing, but jeez that ***** could really go at it. it was funny and embarrassing having to pull that ***** off her if we had company over.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Mine does but only when I give him a bath and spray a certain perfume I have. But he's definitely calmed down from when he was younger and...intact.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I believe dogs do this to assert dominance. My female dog is spayed and she sometimes humps my neutered male dog. I think both of them have done it to inanimate objects as well.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yup, it's also a mental thing.

·
blessed with lucky sevens
840 Posts
My neutered dog used to latch onto peoples legs and hump them ROFL. It was so funny. This one time I brought my friend over and he hadn't met the dog before so I told him to go out into the backyard and then Toby latched onto his leg and began dry humping my friend ROFL .. I enjoy dogs.

·
making awesome awesomer
587 Posts
thats funny that your dog only humps its bed and nothing else, reminds me of the movie Meet the Fockers where the dog humps the Einstine doll :lol

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
Dunno, but i crack up every time I see our ***** trying to hump the male, specially since he is about 3x her size xD.

·
Banned
5,875 Posts
One of my dogs took quite a fancy for a mickey mouse doll my stepsister had. Never a lack of awkward moments in that house, especially when guests were present.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
***Thread Advisory***
Okay, guys - ease up.
One would think that it would stop, but hormones are still being produced even though the "goal" is blocked. The dogs probably feel tricked anyway.

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i see. ive only had 3 dogs my entire life and none of them did this. i always thought they wouldnt have the urge to do this after being fixed

·
Registered
527 Posts
my girlfriend's neighbor gave her brother (whom she lives with) a female dog two week ago. they told them that she was already spayed but she humps her dog bed quite often. she doesnt hump anything else, just her bed. i told my girlfriend to pay attention to see if theres any blood (period) because that would mean she hasnt been spayed. i always thought that once a dog was spayed/neutered they no longer had the urge to hump?
I wondered if this would be a literal question, or some vague sort of allegorical comment on SA males. Apparently it's literal. :)

I think dogs which are neutered after reaching sexual maturity will probably still "hump" as they are already in the habit of doing it. My dog was neutered after reaching adulthood and would still hump. If the neutering was carried out when still a puppy, I don't see why they would as they would never have sex hormones in their system in the first place.

IANAV

1 - 20 of 34 Posts