Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Lost in Space
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if seroquel or risperdal block the dopamine autoreceptors like they block the postsynaptic receptors. havent been able to really find any info on the web, so if anyone cann tell me, that would be great. and if you can give me a resource that would be even better. thanks!

·
Registered
338 Posts
in my opinion, i have tried first, and third generation AP's, so i know what im talking about, risperdal had the most side effects. It made me depressed, and ive never been depressed before. Horrible feeling, at 4mg dose.

Try Abilify + Loxapine or abilify alone, trust.

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts
in my opinion, i have tried first, and third generation AP's, so i know what im talking about, risperdal had the most side effects. It made me depressed, and ive never been depressed before. Horrible feeling, at 4mg dose.

Try Abilify + Loxapine or abilify alone, trust.
A dose targetting the autoreceptors would be a qoarter of a mg or so, or half a mg max, but i'm not sure how selective risperdal is.

·
Lost in Space
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well im not wondering how to target just the autoreceptors, but im wondering if just a normal dose blocks both the autoreceptors and postsynaptic receptors? or do they just target the postsynaptic receptors?

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts
Just targetting postsynaptics wont ever happen, either preferentially the pre's or both togheter.

·
Lost in Space
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
okay... one more question. does anyone know what the effects of postsynaptic dopamine receptor antagonism has on dopamine release? like.. would a med like risperdal enhance dopamine release in a ay by antagonizing presynaptic receptors but then maybe decrease it by blocking the postsynaptic receptors?

the thing is, im trying to treat my seemingly permanent mirapex induced anhedonia. i have tried risperdal and seroquel and with both of those it was like taking a sugar pill. (i guess because the dopamine activity in my brain is so low). and now im finally on amisulpride for the low dose effect on autoreceptors andddd i still feel nothing!!! like taking a sugar pill again.

·
Guided By Voices
2,396 Posts
What autorecepters per say? And you mentioned postsynaptic DP auto receptors in what way? Where is your research at all concerning these receptors with seroquel and risperdal? Do you realize how many receptors you are dealing with DA123 etc and their sub-receptors?? Show the studies!

·
Guided By Voices
2,396 Posts
Of course it does. Any time you antagonize any receptors beit post or not its going to effect the neurotransmitter. By antagonizing ,in what ever way your talking about med. wise, it basically blocks re-uptake into the receiving neuron and leaves the neurotransmitters more active in the synapse. It floods that region by antagonizing blockage of post-synaptic,which basically means outside of the neuronal cell. Not directly attached.
Like crayzyMed said with the meds your talking about. Its highly unlikely that their that selective. That being said, I would have to do some more research on atypicals as that I am still learning about the specifics of each one and all of them.

·
Lost in Space
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol im sorry but i find it hard to read things and find the logic in them lately, but how about this: amisulpride enhances dopamine when it blocks off the presynaptic D2 dopamine receptors. but when a med also blocks the postsynaptic D2 receptors such as risperdal, does this decrease dopamine release?

·
Guided By Voices
2,396 Posts
Are you asking about an antagonist and agonist hitting the same receptors. It sounds like you know that amisulpride enhances dopamine when it blocks off the presynaptic D2 dopamine receptors. Where do you get that from Stahl or Wiki? I really want to Know. Now your saying respirdal effectively blocks DA2 auto-receptors. From what Iv'e read its very non-selective when it binds to dopamine receptors and it does block certain 5HT neurotransmitters etc. I would just like you to post what you've read. I'm lazy right now but I think these atypicals are not so selective. To much dopamine release unnaturally is a the reason for schizo-effective disorder. It effects the neuronal amygdala and the prefrontal cortex.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts