Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have phobias of needles, pain, planes, the dark, spiders, etc stupid things like this. I mean real fear, I am super scared of those things and I feel like a baby. People younger than me are probably not even scared of the dark. Is it normal to have this many fears?

·
Soothsayer
4,756 Posts
I am just scared of people mainly. I would rather fist fight with a pack of wolves than associate with people.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Not necessarily. Many "just people" have phobias that some of us don't. Some people are afraid of heights, others (myself) are not.

I think most people have some dosage of SA in certain circumstances. How many "just people" are afraid of job interviews at least for the first few times? The issue is SA has taken complete ownership of some people's lives.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yes driving the freeway
Are you afraid of the freeway because of social anxiety or are you afraid of the freeway because the traffic may be more challenging to drive in than the conventional highway? I know plenty of people of the latter that don't have a real case of SA.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes driving the freeway
I cant even ride a bus on the freeway because it feels like its gonna roll over or slide off the road just thinking about driving the freeway is making me sweat, I think that lots of people that dont have SA have irrational fears its just that they deal with them differently in ways that arent apparent unless your looking for it.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I have phobias of needles, pain, planes, the dark, spiders, etc stupid things like this. I mean real fear, I am super scared of those things and I feel like a baby. People younger than me are probably not even scared of the dark. Is it normal to have this many fears?
I have a fear of all of those things and alot of other people (with/without SA) have it too .-.

Don't feel bad about it, buddy.

·
Registered
64 Posts
try gradually exposing yourself to those fears.for example you said you're afraid of needles.try holding a needle for as long as you can until the fear decreases.if you're too scared to do that right away try touching a needle first.small steps man.one step at a time.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have a fear of being around people like being 10 min i a conversation sounds like an a very long time,social events,of falling from heights,losing 1 or both my parents,talking to anyone just fear in general.
It has messed my life up.

I MIGHT HAVE SOME HOPE I READ A BOOK THAT COULD HELP US ALL!!!
21 WAYS TO FINDING PEACE AND HAPPINESS-OVERCOMING ANXIETY,FEAR AND DISCONTENTMENT

I start reading it and could not stop.Try to read this book.
Good luck and praise the lord.
FAITH IS THE WAY:clap

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a fear of sound, like when I was in class, I was extremely nervous about the professor speaking using microphone and the video clips played. That made me really haunted to go to classes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
thanks

I have a fear of being around people like being 10 min i a conversation sounds like an a very long time,social events,of falling from heights,losing 1 or both my parents,talking to anyone just fear in general.
It has messed my life up.

I MIGHT HAVE SOME HOPE I READ A BOOK THAT COULD HELP US ALL!!!
21 WAYS TO FINDING PEACE AND HAPPINESS-OVERCOMING ANXIETY,FEAR AND DISCONTENTMENT

I start reading it and could not stop.Try to read this book.
Good luck and praise the lord.
FAITH IS THE WAY:clap
for the heads up im gonna check it out God Bless You

·
Byebye SAS.
2,957 Posts
I am super scared of things like spiders, clowns, many things. But it's how my mind works, pretty strangely and it's totally common to have fears. I don't know maybe many people lie about what they fear or something. I noticed it's related to SA though.

·
Banned
4,523 Posts
There's things that don't bug me. Airplanes, roller coasters, shots, and some more. But yeah, anything involving anxiety (which is not limited to human beings) is a potential well spring of fear.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts