Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I just remembered this time where a lady dropped her hat on the sidewalk so I picked it up and ran after her and 2 cops got out of their car and started coming towards me then got back in their car when they figured out what I was doing. I was so embarassed they thought I was going to steal her handbag or something lol

·
Banned
12,913 Posts
That's good, they won't mess with you then. Most people are evil, jerks etc anyway.
I agree with this. I'm glad people think I might blow up my school one day.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is a weird question.

When I get the courage to walk outside I always get normal people who don't know me,afraid of me.I mean,I walk down the streets and people avoid looking at me in the eye and I see their faces get "terrified".And sometimes,people cross the street so they cannot walk past me.I look 100% normal.I weak jeans,a black t-shirt,and a blue-ish jacket.My hair is fine.I am little above avarage in height (6ft2).People who know me don't think I'm scary or anyhting,but have always told me that I look like a criminal,a rapist or a drug dealer lol.This kinda offends me.I think the reason why this is,be cause m face always looks like extremley pissed off and angry.Even my neutral face looks "evil".And I want people to befriend me and like me,not to think I'll do them wrong.:(
Are you a fair skin person or dark skin ? If you live in Western world and dark skin ... I know that feeling.

·
See? No more pain
4,407 Posts
I'm so quiet and keep to myself a lot, people have brazenly claimed I could be a serial killer/mass shooter and over the years it has gotten less and less funny.

I have had someone thinking I was breaking into a house/considering calling the cops on me (according to my ex when I was living with her) but I'm hoping that had less to do with my appearance.

·
Registered
37 Posts
One time the store manager came to me and said, "We have a policy. If we take something here we pay for it. Otherwise I have to call the police. Understand?" :whistle: I didn't even touch anything on the shelves I was just Christmas shopping but I looked out of place because I keep to myself and was alone.

·
Administrator
9,698 Posts
No, but I feel like I look like one. My family have told me to stand further away from the shelves in shops a few times in case it looked like I was going to shoplift, too.

• Haha
Reactions: iAmCodeMonkey

·
Super Moderator
10,011 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: Fever Dream

·
Banned
103 Posts
When I was a kid they used to tell us watch out for the quiet ones. The psychopaths and serial killers were loners.

I was a loner, so I felt like they all would give me more negative attention so I had to hide even deeper within myself.

As it turns out, people just talk and they don't stop talking. Seemingly no accountability for what they say and how they treat you.

The real crime is keeping people imprisoned against their will.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I got this all through when I was growing up as a young adult and its led to various trauma and avoidance that I have as an adult. I dress casual, very nervous and it shows, and unfortunately my birth physical looks and shape make me look like a thug. I often had people drive past me slowly stare at me then drive on. people monitor and watch me closely to make sure they are safe around me. people are physically uncomfortable in my presence, people are scared to be alone with me. the irony of this whole thing is that I am more scared and worried in general than they are of me.
i've had people multiple times shame me for being nervous and anxious and made me feel bad and guilty for having a mental health disorder.
I used to be very carefree as a child because I wasn't judged, no one would find a child threatening. that's all changed now.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts