Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a weird question.

When I get the courage to walk outside I always get normal people who don't know me,afraid of me.I mean,I walk down the streets and people avoid looking at me in the eye and I see their faces get "terrified".And sometimes,people cross the street so they cannot walk past me.I look 100% normal.I weak jeans,a black t-shirt,and a blue-ish jacket.My hair is fine.I am little above avarage in height (6ft2).People who know me don't think I'm scary or anyhting,but have always told me that I look like a criminal,a rapist or a drug dealer lol.This kinda offends me.I think the reason why this is,be cause m face always looks like extremley pissed off and angry.Even my neutral face looks "evil".And I want people to befriend me and like me,not to think I'll do them wrong.:(

·
Little Winged One
7,014 Posts
No,I look like the Pollyanna type-my evil personality lurks beneath the surface.
LOL - Welcome to the site!

• Haha
Reactions: Zatch

·
Registered
146,656 Posts
I know this is a weird question.

When I get the courage to walk outside I always get normal people who don't know me,afraid of me.I mean,I walk down the streets and people avoid looking at me in the eye and I see their faces get "terrified".And sometimes,people cross the street so they cannot walk past me.I look 100% normal.I weak jeans,a black t-shirt,and a blue-ish jacket.My hair is fine.I am little above avarage in height (6ft2).People who know me don't think I'm scary or anyhting,but have always told me that I look like a criminal,a rapist or a drug dealer lol.This kinda offends me.I think the reason why this is,be cause m face always looks like extremley pissed off and angry.Even my neutral face looks "evil".And I want people to befriend me and like me,not to think I'll do them wrong.:(
SunnyFriday86,

This is on our heads - we have to think we are okay first. Other than that, I get this feeling all the time.

·
banana enthusiast
7,143 Posts
Girls sometimes get scared of me and cross the street early as soon as I get to the intersection, or they huddle closer to their boyfriend when I approach. Other than this though, I don't know if people are thinking I'm a criminal, but I'm always thinking that people are thinking I'm a criminal. Like when I go to a shop, I always make sure to have my hands visible at all times so they don't think I'm stealing.

·
Blue.
38 Posts
Not necessarily, but I feel like people think I'm a pothead because of my looks (always wearing jeans, wears jackets and black shirts often, unkempt hair, sleeps late so there are usually bags under my eyes, lots of facial hair). Not that it really matters to me, though.

Never done any drugs in my life, btw. No alcohol, either.

·
Banned
2,521 Posts
I've been accused of stealing before, if that counts.

·
A Living Woman
6,115 Posts
I don't think anyone thinks I'm a criminal but if I thought people did, I would try to alter my look to match who I feel I am inside.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I feel that way sometimes. Especially when I leave a store without buying something. It's silly, yes. I doubt you look evil. I would imagine it's more your body language. Which is probably calm and relaxed around your friends, but maybe a little tense out on your own.

·
Midnight rambla
1,146 Posts
I once walked into a shop to buy some phone credit. I caught sight of a security camera playback and of course, being my insecure self, I began staring at the image of me in the tv. Well needless to say, the shop owner was looking at me as if I was about to pull a gun out or something lol.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Girls sometimes get scared of me and cross the street early as soon as I get to the intersection, or they huddle closer to their boyfriend when I approach. Other than this though, I don't know if people are thinking I'm a criminal, but I'm always thinking that people are thinking I'm a criminal. Like when I go to a shop, I always make sure to have my hands visible at all times so they don't think I'm stealing.
Yeah,exactly.I do realize that this can be in our heads,but sometimes those things happen and are...pretty obvious.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's good, they won't mess with you then. Most people are evil, jerks etc anyway.
You are half right,because people are evil jerks,but only in their early years.When they grow up and realize that they are acting like a**holes they learn some manners.Actually,this has happened mostly with adults with "kind-hearted" looks.So I don't want to scare people who can be my potential friends,right?

·
Banned
1,481 Posts
LOL !!!

Just smile! Smile as much as you can.
You might wonder if people will think you are crazy or retarded because you´re smiling? Don´t give a fuc*! They´ll like you because you´re smiling.
When I tried doing this, a lot of the men thought I was homosexual and even more of the women thought I was hitting on them or giving them the "I want to have sex look." They would literally say this stuff when I was smiling at them.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts