Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like they do quite a number on your brain chemistry...How do they feel?

Anyone experience sexual side effects from these?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Something like Tianeptine or Mirtazapine may be worth trying as a first line treatment if you want to avoid drugs with sexual side effects.

·
Registered
609 Posts
yeah it really stinks being anxious or depressed or whatnot as there ARE pills out there that can alleviate the specific problem you are suffering from BUT they usually spark up other problems such as lethargy, insomnia, forgetfulness, impotence etc etc..its almost like its hard to choose which is worse??

·
Banned
76 Posts
the side effects from MAOIs and all other antidepressants cant be predicted and vary a lot from person to person
it helps to start with a very small dose, using a pill cutter from pharmacy if needeed

personally I would only consider maois if many other types of antidepressants had been tried and failed

all antidepressants can heve sexual problem side effects

·
Registered
34 Posts
QUOTE=c0ry;966388]MAOI's generally have very prevalent sexual side effects.[/QUOTE]

From what I have heard, not true with Parnate. Each MAOI has it's own unique effect on the various neurotransmitters. Parnate seems to enhance dopamine more than Nardil. Dopamine tends to be good for one's libido.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Moclobemide hasn't affected me sexually. I really wouldn't take one of the older MAOIs again, unless I ran out of options (unlikely).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts