Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes i do actually. I've been stuttering since I was a kid. You cant imagine how bullies enjoy picking on your speech disorder everyday.
:cry Today I try every month to go to my NSA local chapter (national stuttering association). If you dont know what im talking about go to this site NOW!

http://www.nsastutter.org/

These groups help, even if you do have a social anxiety. You can learn so much just by showing up and listening.

Anyway, just like any stutterer, talking on the phone or speaking in front of a crowd is a nightmare for me. I always talk better either if the group is small or if Im talking on the phone with someone I already know. Breathing techniques can help sometimes as well as other ones usually taught by speech therapists. But even with all this 'anti-stutter ammunition' it sucks that you can still have a very bad day stammering left and right, making many awkward silences and sounds.

I better not rant on any longer or my laptop is gonna burn out without me posting this. Please check out that site if you havent done so yet. Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Stuttering has'nt really happened to me and if it has it was on very rare occasions.
I can only recall a little bit.
Steve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.