Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically I'm a shy introvert with social anxiety, but I also love video games, anime, Magic: The Gathering. I also love animals, especially cats.

I mostly just stay in stay in my room playing video games or watching anime, though I still goto school and work. I only push carts at work, but I am going into computer science with a specialty in game design. I have also taken a few years of Japanese tho...ugh I never did very well at it.

Even though I tend to not to go out that much I have done some fun thing like a little bit of biking, archery, fishing, going to the movies some fun stuff like that. If I'm around other people that I'd want to be around, I'd do some more stuff like bowling, mini golf, going to the movies, eating out with them. With a girl, I'd probably also like to goto a quiet area in a park where there's a lot shade and a river around and just talk to her about deep stuff like stuff about God or really anything that comes. Something like doing archery sounds like it would be fun. Really, I'm more open to doing other things when I'm with other people.

Basically, I tend to get lonely easily even though I'm kind of a loner. I mean it's like I like to spend to time by my self, but I also need close intimate relationships

Honestly, I just have a fear of being single forever. So I'm really just trying to see if a girl would actually want to hang out with me long enough for me to get to know her, and for her to know me.

·
Lonely and hopeless
34 Posts
Yeah uh. You do to me at least.
I am an introvert as well, and struggle to communicate my wants and desires without seeming either too cowardly or too pushy.
Generally, I stay away, but I cry alot when I'm alone... because I don't WANT to be alone, I just don't want to be hurt again...

Most of my time is spent job hunting and videogaming.
I don't know how to ride a bike, I've tried archery when I was a kid and liked it, I'd like to fish on my birthday, I don't like theatres or loud sounds, bowling is fun, hate restaurants most of the time...

Anyhow, that's just me. Should give you an idea that there are chicks that prefer someone more like themselves because then obviously .. Ya both know what to expect.

(I can't get along with men who don't play videogames...)

·
Father, Son & Holyzilla
7,386 Posts
I know you're posting this in the relationship section, but I would hang out with you as a friend. I always wanted to learn to play Magic the Gathering and if you like RPGs we'd have a hell of a time. And who doesn't love anime?

·
Soothsayer
4,756 Posts
If I were a female I would. Always wanted to try MTG or something but idk. Never wanted to bother investing in it because hey I have no friends.

·
alien monk
8,660 Posts
lol if OP was a girl i'd date her. generic nice loner = attractive.

i dunno if many girls are into that though. some yes some no. like ppl say 100 times over. what does it matter? statistics are for losers to commiserate over. get out there and try meet girls regardless of what you think your chances are.

·
!
7,715 Posts
I've never gotten into anime myself (apart from Pokémon and Moomins) so for me, that'd be a not-so-interesting aspect. Otherwise, you seem good. Archery and fishing especially are something I'd love to try out too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You seem like a cool guy. I don't see why any girl wouldn't like you. Anime's pretty cool, so that's not a bad thing. Your reasonably active and do things. You seem like you'd be fun to hang out with

·
the last song ♥
2,414 Posts
i like guys who like animals :)

·
Lateralus
2,614 Posts
This isn't the frame you want to start off with women (or any person, for that matter). Don't seek the validation from others - the cruel irony is it's less likely to happen. Seek it internally, and work from there. If you've got no self esteem, fake it till you make it. There's legit evidence that strategy actually works, and I'm living proof.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Maybe most girls aren't interested in some of the stuff you listed, but you'd be surprised by how many are. I've known plenty of girls who like anime, video games, and cats at the least.

The fact that you actually like activities outside the house is great. If you get a good job after college, chances are you'll be desirable to even not so nerdy girls. Basically, showing ambition can really make you appealing to others.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts