Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whenever im with people its like i dont know what to say, i just dont say anything until i have something to say thats probably nothing fun at all to be talking about. i dont know how to be outgoing, talk out loud some random stuff, how to keep up an exciting conversation, i mean how am i ever going to find out how to do this if i dont know how, i dont even know what im doing, i know who i am but i dont want to be who i am, i want to be different

·
The Phoenix
381 Posts
Heh...I'm taking a class like that actually. It's a one day thing, but still...Want me to take notes and post them here? (As pathetic as this sounds I am actually being 100% serious here)

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Heh...I'm taking a class like that actually. It's a one day thing, but still...Want me to take notes and post them here? (As pathetic as this sounds I am actually being 100% serious here)
That would be really interesting. Is it a class specifically geared towards people like us?

·
The Phoenix
381 Posts
I'm not entirely sure. It's called "Conversational Skills your mother never taught you"

·
SAS Member
31,298 Posts
I would say to start listening in on peoples conversations(only if you can overhear them of course), and listen to what they are talking about. Start to think about what they are saying and think of questions that you would want to know about it or think of things that you do know about it. Do this during your normal daily life so you get used to the process and that might help you out a little when you are in those talking situations.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Story of my life! I say ''Hello, how are you?''...''the weather is nice/terrible today isn't it!''....''Have you been busy?''.....Then i dry up and i don't have a clue what to say! I find it's worse with older people especially my grandmothers age, i just have no clue what to say to them. I mean atleast with people around my age i can talk about what music we like and what films etc.

I feel painfully awkward because i have such poor conversational skills. I listen to other people talking and i don't know how they keep the convo flowing because all they talk about is boring sh#t! I can rarely have a flowing convo with anyone, it's more like; uncomfortable silence....Ask a question....Get an answer....More uncomfortable silence....Racking my brains trying to think of something to say.....Fidgetting...Ask another question...Get another answer...Uncomfortable silence....Awkwardness....Relief at finally escaping from the situation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts