Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi SAS,

I am a 22 year old male currently just finished my second year at university and heading into my third.

This all started around a year ago when a few of my friends checked our hands to see how still they were, I noticed mine were trembly. I have never really been self conscious about myself and cared what people think, nor do I still possess that feeling, I could walk into a city centre and scream my head off with no care in the world. However if I am doing something with my hands I will shake uncontrollably and will not be able to prevent it, this started out with minor things and is now progressing onto me not even being able to lift a fork to my mouth without my hand shaking if I know someone is watching! Around a month and a half ago I had a panic attack whilst I was high and had to get some fresh air. This panic attack was like my head was turning to concrete and becoming real heavy; A month later and I had a horrible month coping with this heavy pressure inside my head that persisted and eventually subsided. If I meet new people the back of my neck will feel twitchy my head will also feel heavy.

I have took multiple substances whilst at uni such as LSD, MDMA & weed multiple times a week; I also took accutane(isotretinoin) which has severe side effects this was used for acne on my back, I halted these to try and sort my anxiety problems out if that is what I infact have, although I did use indica dominant strains to calm me down, now I am home for summer I am ceasing all substance use to see what happens.

My last year at uni was very stressful, going in at night to get work/revision done with multiple exams, I felt ill by the time it was christmas and something wasn't quite right with me. Then after the second semester the heavy head and shaking hit me so hard, I had exams and a 30 minute presentation to give, which whilst I was giving I had a huge pulse in my temple, I spoke to a doctor and he told me it could all be stress related and to give it time, 2 months later and I am worse off I would say. Not to mention I have upcoming surgery on my broken ribs in a month or two, not completely sure on the date I have a consultation on the 17th this month which i'm guessing is also adding stress to my mind.

Now guys is this social anxiety or some form of anxiety? I hate living with this and am in need of some dire help. If you wish to chat with me feel free!

·
Registered
82 Posts
In my opinion it's anxiety related but not social anxiety. Though I'm no expert so best thing to do is to see a professional.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts