Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...well, I guess I must otherwise I wouldn't be here seeking advice! :D

I'll keep it as short as possible:

I dislike leaving the house, and I don't feel comfortable when I do. I want to feel comfortable outside, but I'm not sure how to be.

I'm not very sociable and I don't believe the people around me are genuine. Although I don't know what exactly it is that makes me believe I'm genuine and not others.

I fantasise about things a lot; started this from a young age. Fantasise about being liked, being important... things like that. Mostly about being in love and all that emotional stuff. I sometimes kind of attach myself to these fantasies, even though they aren't real.

I can get depressed at times due to feeling lonely. I'm anxious about not ever being able to find a woman who I love and they love me. I've never been in a relationship. Well, I had a relationship with someone online when I was younger but I wouldn't consider that to be a real relationship. It ended badly and I was in a bad way for a couple of years.

I'll leave it at that for now. I would appreciate any advice.

Thank you!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Welcome! The only person who can really tell you whether this is an issue is a therapist/counselor/psychologist/etc. If it is having a significant impact on your ability to enjoy your life (which it sounds like it is), then I think you should talk to someone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome! The only person who can really tell you whether this is an issue is a therapist/counselor/psychologist/etc. If it is having a significant impact on your ability to enjoy your life (which it sounds like it is), then I think you should talk to someone.
Thank you for your input! I wouldn't say it's having a significant impact on my ability to enjoy life. I've always been the kind of person who keeps to myself and is quite shy.

·
Madly In Love
313 Posts
how you have described yourself has certainly applied to me in the past. but you are missing out on a lot of great stuff in the outside world if you always shut yourself inside. As NightRunner said definitely talk to someone, whether it is a professional or someone in your family, whoever it takes so that you don't feel embarrassed describing your thoughts and feelings.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how you have described yourself has certainly applied to me in the past. but you are missing out on a lot of great stuff in the outside world if you always shut yourself inside. As NightRunner said definitely talk to someone, whether it is a professional or someone in your family, whoever it takes so that you don't feel embarrassed describing your thoughts and feelings.
What kind of great stuff am I missing out on? I'm very picky about the kind of people I mix with. I don't smoke, drink, party and all that... and I don't particularly want to do any of those things either.

I want to be confident, whilst remaining who I am. Because I believe I'm a good person and I have a lot to offer. I just want to be able to express that. I think I just lack confidence... that's not necessarily SA is it? Everyone lacks confidence when doing something they haven't done before right?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I wouldn't say it's having a significant impact on my ability to enjoy life.
It sounds like a bit of a problem to me. Of course not being a doctor I can't diagnose you (or even say whether you have a disorder of any kind). I do think your description is worthy of an appointment with some kind of therapist/psychologist or at the very least a good self-help book. It may or may not be a disorder, but if its in the way of you enjoying your life its an issue to be worked on. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts