Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have taken xanax and valium before, but very little and never in social situations so I could not gauge the reaction well.

Last weekend I went out to clubs by myself.

At 0.5mg xanax I felt better but still nervous
After an additional 0.5mg xanax I felt much better
By the time I had added 10mg valium I felt totally uninhibited and in control.

I had zero negative side effects, I just felt completely comfortable in being myself.

So, at an equivalent of 1.5mg xanax for essentially a first time user, am I abnormally tolerant to it?

30 year old male, slim, 150lbs

·
Master of my domain
1,339 Posts
I haven't used benzodiazepines but from what I know about them I don't think you have a tolerance. I mean clearly you felt quite the difference from 1 mg xanax which seems reasonable. A lot of people seem to need 1-2 mg to get a noticeable effect. Also what works seems to differ from person to person so you could always look into another benzo like say clonazepam for instance if you aren't happy with the xanax.

·
Registered
223 Posts
if i took 1.5 mg of xanax my first time i would be very sleepy very quick. I take ativan now and 1.5 MG of that makes me tires

·
Down the rabbit hole
4,499 Posts
I have taken xanax and valium before, but very little and never in social situations so I could not gauge the reaction well.

Last weekend I went out to clubs by myself.

At 0.5mg xanax I felt better but still nervous
After an additional 0.5mg xanax I felt much better
By the time I had added 10mg valium I felt totally uninhibited and in control.

I had zero negative side effects, I just felt completely comfortable in being myself.

So, at an equivalent of 1.5mg xanax for essentially a first time user, am I abnormally tolerant to it?

30 year old male, slim, 150lbs
No i thinks that sound normal, you went out, to a club, by yourself did feel nervous first... If you were home at safesone, youd probly fall asleep.

For me benzo does not work so great, only a little, i alse has to take heartmedicin, betablocker type called Inderal. Well everyone is different:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts