Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
still searching...
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.freedomtwentyfive.com/2011/09/game-is-different-for-good-looking-men/

Thoughts? (Please read the article before objecting)

Also took from another forum

1. If a good looking guy hits on an average looking girl....she would either think that he is just playing around with her or he must be a loser for hitting on her because she thinks he can do better.

2. When a good looking guy hits on a hot girl, she automatically assumes he must be a player and hence will put up more and difficult sh!t tests, than she would to an average guy.

3. The girl knows he is good looking and will be less open to him, because she knows that if she opens up to, she might end up doing the nasty with him. (the girl will be even more less open if she is in a relationship.)

4. Good looking guys really can't use the methods out there like negs and c+f, like how average looking guys can, because they will seem like an *******. So what happens is, that the conversation gets boring because you can't bust her balls because she will take it too seriously and she will start losing interest.

5. When good looking guys talk to girls they get so nervous they just want to leave, which sucks.

6. Girls automatically assume they are taken.

7. Here is a good one...if a girl has a boyfriend and you don't even like that girl and just want to be friends..she will act so distant from you because she doesn't want other people to think that she is cheating on her boyfriend. wtf? Just because your good looking.

·
Banned
257 Posts
Yea i do agree with that link to some extent. There is a wide range of "good looking men" though... I guess the success of the guy not needing any game or initial conversation skills does depend on how good looking the guy is... If the guy is like a 9 or a 10 he can probably just say "hey your coming with me" or something along those lines.

·
(/・・)ノ 
1,840 Posts
I agree with the article, but your thread title is anger-bait.

The article claims handsome men play a different game, not a more difficult game so no, handsome men don't have it harder. Men like me still have it harder but I'd rather discuss the merits behind the article than an unrelated question.

Ugly guys have to invest months of ice-breaking and not show too much interest in a girl to keep up the "game" of it -- the mystery. Mystery is an ugly guy's greatest asset, if he wants a serious relationship. It's not about manipulation either, it's just the only option, even for truly nice guys.

·
Banned
5,857 Posts
its an interesting article, but for some reason i find it difficult to form an opinion on it

·
Take Good Care
7,902 Posts
I think anyone's problem is more with themselves, whatever they may be struggling with. If they look good or not, if they don't feel it, or think it, it will show. If they have other issues, those will show too. Looks by themselves, don't really have much to do with it, unless the person themselves is conflicted about their looks.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Yea i do agree with that link to some extent. There is a wide range of "good looking men" though... I guess the success of the guy not needing any game or initial conversation skills does depend on how good looking the guy is... If the guy is like a 9 or a 10 he can probably just say "hey your coming with me" or something along those lines.
Uh no?

Just because you are good looking doesn't mean you can do whatever **** you want, how many guys have you ever seen doing that? Probably none.

There is this thing call society standard behaviors.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I only read the first few paragraphs.

I don't see how handsome men have it harder. Wtf? The article starts off with explaining how the writer had a hard time following advice meant for people lacking his natural advantages. Continues with saying hes already got it in the bag, so long as he doesn't **** up. As opposed to starting far away from success. Also that simply existing accomplishes the first few steps of seduction. So no I think that is stupid that handsome men have it harder.

I don't believe that beautiful people have perfect lives. I know they have tons of problems, just like anybody else. And many of them are the same problems ugly people have, even some problems that ugly people blame(wrongly) on being ugly.

But you are basically asking is it better to be 'good' than it is to be 'bad' The answer is obvious.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
This reminds me of ,those articles about PUA that make it sound like talking to a girl is like trying to beat a lie detector. Fortunately, this wasn't such article. ty.

·
Banned
622 Posts
From my actual real life observations, handsome men have it much much much easier.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Looking at the 5-page-essay responses on that site, it's no wonder why those overly-analytical good looking guys struggle with the females.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
its an interesting article, but for some reason i find it difficult to form an opinion on it
It's because most articles on sites like that are written by guys with little actual experience in the world of picking up women (although of course they've been exposed to that world so know the generalities of it), and usually the goal is to sell something to the reader. Of any of the information that does help or is accurate and comes from real experience, it just leads to occasional success at sex and has little to do with creating relationships.

·
Banned
257 Posts
Uh no?

Just because you are good looking doesn't mean you can do whatever **** you want, how many guys have you ever seen doing that? Probably none.

There is this thing call society standard behaviors.
Haven't you ever seen jersey shore? :D

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
I think anyone's problem is more with themselves, whatever they may be struggling with. If they look good or not, if they don't feel it, or think it, it will show. If they have other issues, those will show too. Looks by themselves, don't really have much to do with it, unless the person themselves is conflicted about their looks.
I agree with this.

I think I'm pretty decent looking, and sometimes, only occasionally, I feel above average looking. But I feel like I'm not good enough for relationships regardless, due to my depression, and social anxiety, amongst other things. Looks and physical attraction are just a small part of relationships. I think as long as you're a "catch", or a decent person with minimal issues, you can find someone.

·
Nowhere Man
2,415 Posts
There are too many variables to make a blanket statement generalizing all men like that. Keep in mind that what makes a "Handsome" man can vary from girl to girl. A handsome fellow may struggle with insecurities or personal problems which can inhibit his progress in engaging a relationship with a girl.

However, I'd say that objectively good looking guys have it easier in being noticed by girls. After that though, it's all down to the individual.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I think it's a load of crap. In this society (and most societies) being an attractive male (or female) is almost always an advantage. And there's quite a bit of research for this. If it wasn't an advantage, it's pretty easy to look unattractive (e.g. dress badly, don't take care of your hair, put on weight, etc,). But this is rarely done for obvious reasons: there are few advantages to being less attractive.

·
still searching...
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think it's a load of crap. In this society (and most societies) being an attractive male (or female) is almost always an advantage. And there's quite a bit of research for this. If it wasn't an advantage, it's pretty easy to look unattractive (e.g. dress badly, don't take care of your hair, put on weight, etc,). But this is rarely done for obvious reasons: there are few advantages to being less attractive.
You never give me a chance to compensate do you?:no

1 - 20 of 40 Posts