Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
My grandmother had panic attacks and abused alcohol. My sister is autistic. And I think my Dad was emotionally abused as a child. So, yeah, definitely social problems in my family that might be related to genetics.

·
HaloOfDarkness
608 Posts
I'm the only one in my family who has severe social anxiety. One of my sisters avoids people alot but I don't think she has social anxiety, she just generally doesn't like people. Depression runs high in the family, we all have ups and lows that sometimes affect our daily routine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
my dad had a thing called school phobia aka school refusial. he use to grab the ladder from the bunk beds and put it up against the door and the opposite wall so no one could get in to make him go to school. now apparently this has something to do with social phobia so i guess i mainly get it from my dad. my mum has other anxiety disorders like generalised anixiety, panic disoreder she may even have depression or bi-polar but i'm not sure. my brother had a bit of depression but i'm not sure how bad as i dont know him as well as i probably should. and i pretty sure but not totally sure that my sister had a minor case of ocd which didn't last very long

21 - 23 of 23 Posts