Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems every once in a while I get crazy anxious and breathing exercises seem to calm me down. Hopefully it will work again tomorrow at work. I really need to get my nerves under control! Do you guys use breathing exercises? How do they work for you? What other things do you do to settle your nerves?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have done some reading on this but I haven't really implemented breathing techniques on a consistent basis. I also do not think it would be helpful in very socially anxious situations since your mind would be too focused on the anxiety rather than the breathing methods. I do however use breathing to relax when I'm playing sports or when I just want to calm down when I'm alone. Breathing is an important aspect of meditation I believe, which has been linked to reduced anxiety, so you could implement breathing techniques as part of a meditative practice.

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
Only when I am very stressed out. Walking outside for half an hour and doing arm weights really makes me feel better. Exercise. Green tea also makes me feel good.

·
Banned
4,372 Posts
let's wait for it..

someone (capes) who's making money off of it or going to school to make money on it will come into the thread and rave about all of the benefits of breathing - and how they "can't believe" how people aren't educated about breathing..

and have you visit their website or buy a book..

don't believe me? do a search on: "Do facial exercises work"..:|

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
Breathing exercises helps calm me down, but it doesn't work all that well for when I start to get so anxious I feel jittery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts