Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have an interesting feeling or thought that I occasionaly experience and am curious to see if anyone else shares similar occurrences.

This is more of what I like to think of as a positive of having Social Anxiety Disorder.

This isn't an everyday feeling unfortunately.

But, if it were;it would be much easier to live and deal with SAD.

Anyhow, the feeling and thought that I am talking about is sort of a Social Anxiety Disorder survivor mentality.

What I mean by this is that I can be anxious and stressed out for a period of months and out of nowhere I will get this almost aha-esque moment where I kind of feel superior to all of society; minus my other counterparts with SAD and similar ailments.

This feeling to me is like a self-proclaimed Jesus moment where I feel like I am going through so much more pain and suffering than the average person would ever be able to minutely comprehend or fathom. Sometimes I feel as though I am being mentally crucified and my purpose on earth is to be a vehicle for this ailment. I say this because so many others may not be strong enough or possess the willpower and resolve to champion this debilitating torment.

When I have these moments I feel extremely strong about myself and it kind of instills me with zeal and strength to continue this miserable life of mine in hope that things will get better.

I may just be totally bjorked up or clinging to a victim mentality.

Does anyone else ever feel like this?

·
immortal in the making
820 Posts
i think i know what you mean, and it is a pretty interesting feeling and would be great if the feeling lasted longer!! but, maybe the long gaps between it helps make it so good?
anyway, i have moments like that (often in the shower?!) where i feel like i might be going through this to strengthen who i am and eventually become who i am "destined to be" to help so many people around the world! lol/
had a moment like that a few months ago, where i thought i could change the world for all SA sufferers somehow. could have just been hypomania, but i'm trying not to cling to the idea of bi-polar disorder too much till i see a therapist.
but i do have less ambitious but just as enlightening moments :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi TheUnwelcome,

To me, it sounds as though you are rightfully proud of the fact that you are tough enough mentally to take what life is throwing at you at times.

When I reflect on some of my own experiences, I do see it as a positive that I have been strong enough to survive (sometimes with scars), and in some cases find out that I can overcome. This gives me hope.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts