Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Forever in Fantasy
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i grew up in boston and downtown never really bothered me as a kid. but then again i was with my mom and dad and sisters, and probably pre-SAD.

now i live in the mountains in colorado by myself, and denver scares the **** out of me.
the walk from my car to american apparel was almost identical to a "house of horror."
not even kidding!!

turn on a new block and a woman came running up shreiking, "my baby!! my baby is missing!! jesus christ tell me where he is" i kept walking and she didn't follow.

the next woman came up and said she lost her wallet. when i looked at her face she immediately burst into (crocadile) tears and became hysterical. when i told her i didn't have any money on my she suddenly became composed and walked away.

then from multiple directions i heard repeating chants like "spare a dime. spare a dime. spare a dime." or "please help me" "please help me". it reminded me of one of the upper levels of hell.

i really really wanted to go into an american apparel and it's super annoying how they're always in locations where i have to park far away and walk through the 8 levels of hell to get to it.

does anybody else feel similarly?
do i over-notice things?

·
Registered
320 Posts
I go downtown when ever i can next i'm going to the twin cities for the day, i enjoy downtown mainly because i dont live in the cities but i notice when ever i go to the cities there alot of homeless people living on the streets, even when i went to LA there where people pushing shopping carts down the street.

·
Banned
12,909 Posts
My college is downtown, so I have to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts