Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Permanently Baned
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm not far from 40.

I've been planning my eventual end to posting in 30+ and therefore probably SAS.

No country left for old men.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I've suggested a 40+ thread like the 30+ one.

To no avail.

Every other forum area is overrun by a younger crowd. Can't understand why the need is not obvious.

Seeker

·
Moron
4,621 Posts
Hi guys, I'm new here!

I'm 43 and have suffered from shyness and SA since I was a kid. The two concussions in my teens probably didn't help. I'm not going to mention the alien abductions as I don't want attract the smart *** skeptics.

Anyway, I hope I can be of help with any questions about alien abductions or concussions in my time here.

·
Excuse me if I go astray
1,312 Posts
So I'm not far from 40.

I've been planning my eventual end to posting in 30+ and therefore probably SAS.

No country left for old men.
You spelled "banned" wrong in your status. ....as of now, it says you are permanently 'baned'.
And secondly, I don't know if anyone here knows what people consistently do, whether they leave or stay. It only matters what you want to do.

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
I've suggested a 40+ thread like the 30+ one.

To no avail.
If there were enough 40+ posters to justify a whole subforum for them, they would have one. The last thing an internet forum wants (for its own health) are empty-looking forums, and SAS doesn't have the 30-to-40+ population to justify further age segregation.

What would you post in 40+ that you don't want 30+ people replying to?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi guys, I'm new here!

I'm 43 and have suffered from shyness and SA since I was a kid. The two concussions in my teens probably didn't help. I'm not going to mention the alien abductions as I don't want attract the smart *** skeptics.

Anyway, I hope I can be of help with any questions about alien abductions or concussions in my time here.
They are after you too? Hmmm....maybe it's the make-up??

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I think the 40+ forum is very quiet because it is separate from the main forums. I forget to go over there because it is not part of the main forums. Also, it is true that not many people over 40 are on this site.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
They reach the end of the line :blank

·
Registered
212 Posts
If there were enough 40+ posters to justify a whole subforum for them, they would have one. The last thing an internet forum wants (for its own health) are empty-looking forums, and SAS doesn't have the 30-to-40+ population to justify further age segregation.

What would you post in 40+ that you don't want 30+ people replying to?
It's a matter of a different mind set when you head into and beyond your forties. Same as a different mind set when you are thirty five, relative to being a teenager.

The forum would not be empty at all. It would be well used.

To be honest, it's about the wisdom that comes with aging. I.e. there's a down side to aging, but there is also an upside. Which simply means that people have more experience to draw from in discussions. However, if that isn't obvious to begin with, I don't think you're going to get it. And I wouldn't worry about it. Eventually, it'll make sense to you. Just give it time.

Seeker

·
c'est moi
5,888 Posts
I've seen people over 40 on here (and they're encompassed in 30+), but I don't know the answer to your question. I think members consistently (despite their age) stop posting to SAS.

If it's something you want to do, I say do it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I don't mind the make-up, it's the hip waders and the fluorescent green latex glove they make you wear on your head that challenges my dignity.

A strange glove, it has no place for fingers and a thumb?
Your aliens make you wear a glove! F that. What planet are they from anyways....pftt....the bas*ards. Mine aren't so bad - no anal probes or gloves or anythin' so maybe they're OK. I dunno. They don't host any parties for me or anything fun though, that's for sure.:blank

·
Moron
4,621 Posts
Your aliens make you wear a glove! F that. What planet are they from anyways....pftt....the bas*ards. Mine aren't so bad - no anal probes or gloves or anythin' so maybe they're OK. I dunno. They don't host any parties for me or anything fun though, that's for sure.:blank
They never tell me anything. No anal probes, they just make me go to the movie theater dressed like that. And they're always laughing and happy when I get back. Then they show me the video footage of my trip to the theater when I arrive back at the ship.

Should I complain?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts