Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am in college and I have made an extremely bad mistake by lying to someone and my friends, anyway, it all seems that they are pissed off at me without them knowing, as it is becoming a decision now of who is hanging with who.

They got annoyed when I came because the girl had left when she new I was coming, it was funny because I talked to her last night she said everything was fine when it really wasn't as she left as soon as I was about to come and my mate told me he was angry because she left because of me…. With this its hard to be in the group of friends now so I am thinking of distancing myself with that group for a while, I don't know why she would lie about her forgiving me but yeah I think its best for me to distance myself from them…. What do you guys think?

·
ΓΤΖΜ
3,732 Posts
No. You have every right to be in that group as everybody else has. You are not responsible for anyone else's stupid tantrums. Tell that to your friend, stand up for yourself. Remember that all humans are equally worthy but you're a bit more worthy because you are you. Don't isolate cause you'll regret it.

·
the last song ♥
2,414 Posts
i did the same thing. one friend in a group stopped being friends with me for a stupid reason and the mutual friends still thought it was OK and continued to hang out with her. so i dropped the mutual friends too and my life is much better

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i did the same thing. one friend in a group stopped being friends with me for a stupid reason and the mutual friends still thought it was OK and continued to hang out with her. so i dropped the mutual friends too and my life is much better
yeah it sucks because I am good friends with them as well, they don't see that there getting angry but I do, it feels like it because they all think she is soo hot and then when I show up she has to leave because of me… It feels like a toxic friendship with her in the group.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts