Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are we allowed to discuss the use of RCs ("research chemicals") for the treatment of SA?

I couldn't see anything in the rules about this, since they are perfectly legal, and available over the counter like any herbal supplement, but I know it can be "controversial" so I thought I would ask first.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't understand what people have against them personally, IMO what someone puts into their body is entirely their choice.

It's controversial because they are analogues of controlled or prohibited drugs, like benzodiazapines or opiates, but are perfectly legal because they are chemically different from drugs specified in law, so you are effectively exploiting a loophole in the law.

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
So you're talking about injecting/ ingesting or inhaling a synthetic narcotic that is almost but not quite like a banned substance and is only legal because it hasn't been classified yet and was made in someone's garage or basement. If you want to put that in your body, go right ahead. It is after all, your funeral.

·
Gentle Impulsion
7,792 Posts
Like Kratom and stuff like that? I don't think that would be an issue unless you talk about abusing it in some way.

·
Querdenker
5,684 Posts
I don't understand what people have against them personally, IMO what someone puts into their body is entirely their choice.

It's controversial because they are analogues of controlled or prohibited drugs, like benzodiazapines or opiates, but are perfectly legal because they are chemically different from drugs specified in law, so you are effectively exploiting a loophole in the law.
Well in that case I would like to say that I oppose it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts