Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aw that sucks jess :hug I know the feeling, that happened to me before. The car is really the last place you want to be waiting when you're feeling nervous like that, it's so much easier to choose flight over fight when all you have to do is turn the key and gun on out of there, but yeah you're right, you really should be proud of yourself for getting that job last week. I haven't made that much progress in months, you're probably taking on too much too soon. Good luck with the new job anyway, I hope everything goes well for you :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Didn't you accept another job with Data entry ? I'm curious in what happened with that. Did you quit it or are you just broadening your horazions by seeing what else is out there ?

I think you're right in not wanting to work in a car dealership; that goes with any job in retail. Retail can be VERY socially demanding and for someone with sevre anxiety your just asking to be knocked back to square one with all the progress you made through out the year's. Take it from someone that works in retail, the jobs usually require alot of problem solving, if most of your energy is spent struggling to communicate with customers/co-workers how do you expect to solve the problem at hand? But, if you think you're strong enough to endure whats dished at you I promote it, I myself have improved a vast amount in communicating and diminishing my social anxiety to a very mild case. The exposure really helps alot. Just take things slow and eventually you will build up

Some words of encouragement: You considered taking a job that is socially demanding, I see it as a push in the right direction. Do what your doing, take those baby steps untill you reach that point of being comfortable in that type enviroment.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Jesserie,

I agree with the guys above. You can use your current job to build relationships at your own pace. Maybe you weren't ready for that kind of job; it doesn't you won't be down the road.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I'm proud of myself for getting a data entry job last week. I guess I need to focus on the positive and take baby steps.
Yes, Jesserie, you are absloutely right--focus on the positive and take baby steps. :banana :banana Giant steps usually backfire on us. :fall

Star :hug :yay

1 - 4 of 4 Posts