Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has become so difficult, even compared to 5 years ago, to live in this society and live in the way Jesus and the prophets laid out for us so long ago, when the evils of the world were so much more easily kept at bay and so young and immature. Then there was the sword and shield, now there is the nuclear missile and the gun. Swordplay was always an honorable thing when the enemy was armed as well.. there is nothing honorable about shooting a person down with a gun.

Images of sex and naked bodies are so easily accessed at the touch of a button, that it is easier to look and indulge oneself than to not do anything at all. Women have become nothing but objects in the modern mind, and it is even embarassing to see one or talk to one because of what they have come to represent. It is so hard to love your fellow man like we must, when they all seem to be evil in one way or another. I end up being guilty of the sin of hating my fellow man, every day.

Churches are full of hypocrisy and most church and religious organizations are turned into businesses.. the exact opposite of the commandments of Christ. TV preachers seem like an ultimate hypocrisy. We must leave behind our material goods and follow Christ if we are called by him.. at no point can we turn anything related to God into a way to generate money for us, even if we think it will help millions. There are always ways around that. If these preachers did these things, made these millions through TV ministry, and subjected themselves to, not even poverty, as it should be, but a simple life, I would cheer for them.

I have seen the mansions of televangelists, their limousines. How much more could that excess give to the ministry and the needy?

I feel as though I would need to move to another country in order to escape this capitalist devil, but it has infiltrated almost all countries on some level.

Please share your own feelings of discontent with this world, and help me to understand how we should overcome these obstacles together. :)

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
What could help you be less discontent is doing something about it. Not saying change the world, but you seem to have strong values and morals. I think sharing that with other people would be appreciated by them and it will make you happier.

You say you are dismayed how women are portrayed in today's society? Are there any that you know personally who might be compromising themselves to mimick some sexual image they are being fed? In my opinion, no woman is happy doing that, they just brainwash themselves into thinking its okay being treated like an object so they can survive in today's world. All you need is to recognize a female for what she has to offer outside of her physical sense.

Same goes with other people, just set the standard for yourself, but don't expect people to change right away or at all.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What could help you be less discontent is doing something about it. Not saying change the world, but you seem to have strong values and morals. I think sharing that with other people would be appreciated by them and it will make you happier.

You say you are dismayed how women are portrayed in today's society? Are there any that you know personally who might be compromising themselves to mimick some sexual image they are being fed? In my opinion, no woman is happy doing that, they just brainwash themselves into thinking its okay being treated like an object so they can survive in today's world. All you need is to recognize a female for what she has to offer outside of her physical sense.

Same goes with other people, just set the standard for yourself, but don't expect people to change right away or at all.
You're right. My anxiety and problems make it difficult to interact with people, though, like us all. I think I'd come off as having a holier than thou attitude.

I have known women like this, who are very hurt inside and are acting like this. I tried to help them, but they thought that they had to give themselves to me in the same way as they have been with the other men in their life. I ended up entangled with them emotionally and had to break contact with them.

For some time it was a thing for me, to find emotionally and mentally damaged women and try to help restore them. It was too much for me, though. I did a better job than their psychiatrists, but in the end it's something that only God can do, to change their inner selves.

·
SAS Veteran
1,841 Posts
Churches are full of hypocrisy and most church and religious organizations are turned into businesses.. the exact opposite of the commandments of Christ. TV preachers seem like an ultimate hypocrisy. We must leave behind our material goods and follow Christ.
You are so right. That's why I feelI have found a faith that is sincere and non-hypocritical, non-business. That's why I choose to stick with the faith I was raised in because even as a child I saw the churches doing things against the Bible I was reading. These clergy today in the churches are evil, money grabbers. They want luxury, their personal jets, big fancy cars and homes and it's off the money from their members. In the Bible it said that Jesus had no where to lay his head. He had very little and yet was able to preach to people. He did not NEED those things.

Also he said, "You received free, give free.'

So even if I had left my faith I would not convert to some other religion or church because I know what goes on there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts