Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My name is Simon, I am 24, a college graduate, single (i think we all know why), and i currently own my own home in Montana. In fact most of the reason I left my home town of L.A. California was to get away for the massis of inconsiderate people. My socail anxiety has always been about comfort. I find being at home, in my room alone to be my comfort zone (it makes sence when we spend so much of our time and money making it comfortable). Anywhere else with anyone else I become increasingly more withdrawn. So of course I avoid these situations like a smoker avoids the dentist. I have never been to a dotor or psycitrast for my SA mainly for fear of being labeled a mental deffective (which could only hurt my selfesteem in a social situation). My SA is a little different from the reasrech I have read. I have no problem going to work or school as long as my mind and body are occupied. Its when I am required to bull**** (for lack of a better term) with people. This makes me avoid things like parties (I lied and said I had gotten into a car accident in order to get out of this past years christmas party) & social gatherings. When i am out in public (alone of course) I seem to tune out the background (people), keep my head high, a blank expression on my face, and walk really fast. When i get truthful feedback from my peers they all say I seem intimidating and un-approachable (this can't help my situation). I use a lot of marijuana (3-5 bowls a day) in order to pass the time alone and if I get really nervous in a social situation. I don't reccommend this to anyone else because its very easy to go from an extreme high to an extreme low when your mixing drugs with a mental disorder. Anyways just wanted to get this stuff off my chest (If you have no one in your life you can be truthful with might as well post a bunch of comments on an anyonmous website, right?)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reply To Ultra Shy

Crazy Train?

How did you know that my not wanting to be classified as a mental deffective has to due with my collection of fine firearms?

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Simon, welcome to :sas

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, SadSimon! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts