Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mother is very much into drinking herbal diet tea and keeps nagging me to give it a try :twak . It claims to help maintain your weight by promoting pooping :flush . I'm trying to lose weight, and I've been successful so far with diet/exercise. I'm wondering if I should try out the diet tea to expedite the process, but I'm very much reluctant to do so. Any advice?

Thanks,
Marcus
:lurk

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
I agree with Tania... a tea that makes you move your bowels or has a diuretic effect isn't really healthy as a weight loss method. Working out and eating sensibly will go much farther. If you feel that you 'need' the diet tea, it probably wouldn't hurt to try it though.

I'm a huge fan of herbal teas of all sorts (green tea is my all time favorite) but I still feel that exercise and proper diet is the best way to lose weight.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
How is tea "diet"? Tea has no calories.
Some diet teas have diuretic actions that make you lose water weight or make you move your bowels more often, giving the appearance that you're losing weight. You can lose weight that way but it's not really healthy if you use it long term.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.