Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Did you think your parents stole your from your real parents?

• Yes

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 79.7%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I child I was convinced my parents stole me from my real parents. I was convinced that my real parents would never stop loving me or looking for me, cuz thats what real parents do, and that some day they would find me and we would be happy again. Did anyone else think like this?

·
Registered
794 Posts
No, even though i'm adopted. It felt more like a dream, like a story that happened to someone else because I couldn't imagine having other parents than the ones I did have.

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
I am utterly sure my parents are my parents, so not really, but when I was younger I thought it when I'd get angry at my mom. Of course, I knew it wasn't the truth.

·
Monster
6,552 Posts
Like "The Face on the Milk Carton"? No, not really.

·
Registered
329 Posts
why did you think like this did you hate your parents?

·
killer of conversations
10,545 Posts
No. I don't lean towards looking more like one parent, it's more like I have traits from both. And my brother and I have the same facial features.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Its so scary how much we are alike our parents. :afr

·
ANxiouS ANXIOUS anxious
675 Posts
Yeah before i realized how much i looked like them i was like these people are going to tell me sooner or later that they adopted me. but then i realized how introverted an anxious my dad is and how much i look like him an said OHP these are my pparents !

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
If only, that'd explain at least a few things.

·
Banned
4,253 Posts
I had this thought a lot as a kid..weird. But these boring *******s are definitely mine.

·
MEAT POPSICLE
857 Posts
Nope, I only have a mom and I am her spitting image,lol She cant deny I am hers!

·
Registered
375 Posts
I wish one day my mom will discover that my dad is not my real dad. That would make me soooooooo happy! I cannot stand him. He is a mean nasty man. Sometimes I fantasize about my mom dropping his *** and then finding a really nice handsome upstanding man for me to call daddy lmao.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts