Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Herp Derp
270 Posts
I went up until the end of 8th grade (lol). I usually went with either my parents or a few kids. Then in high school I was in a community service club that had a huge event every year where they would pick up canned goods on Halloween that I always took part in. When coming back home I would go trick or treating as well because I had a costume anyway. That was good because I wouldn't have had any friends to go with anyway.

Now in college I'm nervous because you know Halloween is a huge party day and I won't be partying unless my roommates try to drag me somewhere where I'll probably puss out. Last year I went out with my roommate and some friends of his and we spent the entire night looking for parties but they were all out of alcohol so we literally spent 6 hours (9-3 AM) walking all around town. I liked spending time with them but they were obviously pissed at the lack of alcohol.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I pretty much always disliked it. Lots of stuff always went wrong for me too (though, I didn't like it even before this).. one year I wore a costume that people kept misunderstanding, and another year I went out with some older kids, but they abandoned me and I just sort of wandered home. I think I stopped going trick or treating in 5th grade. Definitely never regretted it. I wish most of the other holidays were as easy to avoid.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I always loved it when I was little and would just go with my parents and brothers. I stopped going around 10 years old around 5th grade.

I knew a lot of kids who would go in high school and would just mess around and cause trouble. I never had any friends to go with so, that's why I stopped participating in it.

·
Banned
543 Posts
hell yes!!! i went with all my friends and we would dress up as ourselves bcuz we looked homeless anyway from playing outside, i had so much fun back then.

·
unstable
2,590 Posts
I loved doing it, but was forced to quit when I got tall and looked older than I actually was. People began slamming doors in my face, thinking I was a teenager trying to get candy :roll. I think I was 9 or 10 when I last went. After that my mother forced me to hand out candy every year.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts