Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I was thinking about Halloween as a child and i have to say trick or treating was a miserable experience for me, i hate the idea of going people's door step and asking for candy i just felt weird and awkward it was so out my comfort zone. i just didn't like it.

so what was your experience like ?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I went once by myself. After a couple houses I gave my candy to another kid and went back home.

I just play horror games on Halloween now.

·
Banned
5 Posts
Yeah I liked halloween and going trick or treating, went with my brothers, sister and a few friends. I would get nervous going up to the doors, especially the mean houses. Never really dressed up just remember using fake blood and a cape once. There was one time when older kids were going around the neighbourhood throwing eggs at people so we'd play a little game and try and avoid them. There was another time when some old guy dropped a bucket of freezing cold water on my head from his bedroom window. It was all good fun though. Probably stopped when I was about 13

Never really went to any halloween parties as such, except for my friend down the road where we'd dress up, have candy, party poppers and dance to crappy 90's pop music. My friends' parents were pretty relaxed so it was pretty cool really.

·
Mega awesome
5,080 Posts
I actually liked it...when I was like 4or 5. Hah! There's this big house near the playgroud park where this guy dressed up as the Scream guy and anyone that went up to the door he would pop out and run after you :lol: And one or two people would sit in their chairs and sit there like a statue and freaked you out when you got candy. We would play creepy music in the garage. We don't do that anymore :/ Yea but when you are really little I would like it. Stopped going around 8 or 9.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I always enjoyed it. but I never went alone; I was always with my brothers and sister. I don't think I would have went alone.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I loved trick-or-treating, but I was always with my parents or my sisters or a friend or two when I went, so it was never too scary. Besides, it was fun to show off my costume every year.

In about 7th or 8th grade, I decided it was lame and started just staying home to hand out candy instead. I got invited to my first Halloween party this year!

·
Sigh...
856 Posts
Nope.
Never liked it, never tried it, never going to try it.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Maybe when I was really little. I do recall feeling like an idiot most of the time. I was 12 the last time I went, and I hated that some people made me say "trick or treat" before giving me candy.

199 Posts
i wasn't allowed to. trick or treating is of the devil.

that's what our church said anyway, and my mom was very convinced of it.

so...i started going trick or treating when i was 16. i liked it a lot :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yes, but I always went with someone. I can't even imagine going alone.

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
I hated trick or treating. I felt so greedy & unworthy of their candy. Not to mention how fat I felt while standing at the door. Everytime they gave me the candy I felt like apoligizing for it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I always did. I just never said "Trick or Treat". I just silently walked up and knocked on the door, got the candy and left.

Being covered up in a costume helped out a bit as well.

·
Gone
517 Posts
I used to go with my brothers and my dad all the time, until they grew out of it and then I'd just go with my dad. I don't think I liked doing it, but I loved candy and dressing up so I went anyway lol. I was always too shy to say 'trick or treat' though so usually if there were other kids at a house the same time I was I would just mumble it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts