Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This website right here states "Children with imaginary friends tend to show less fear and anxiety during play than those without." That seemed pretty interesting to me, seeing as how I don't remember ever having an imaginary friend...and that I have social anxiety.

So, yeah, did you have an imaginary friend as a kid?

·
Goofy Goober
1,520 Posts
I don't think I had an imaginary friend, per se. I like pretended to be a tv character and I sometimes talked with the other characters... Yeah, I was a weird kid. :p

·
SAS Member
8800 blue lick road
42,221 Posts
No I wanted one but I didn't.

My mum told me that her youngest sister had an imaginary friend though and her younger brother chucked their sister's imaginary friend out of a car window when they were driving and she was really messed up about that afterwards because he was gone forever. :/

·
Registered
566 Posts
Yep, I had two actually. The first one was named Guy and the second one was named Buddy. Apparently I wasn't very creative in the name department.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

My mum told me that her youngest sister had an imaginary friend though and her younger brother chucked their sister's imaginary friend out of a car window when they were driving and she was really messed up about that afterwards because he was gone forever. :/
Rofl I'm laughing so hard at this lol

·
Sigh.
9,313 Posts

Rofl I'm laughing so hard at this lol
I laughed pretty hard, too. Great story.

·
Kind of a freak
142 Posts
I had a very elaborate imaginary brother up until I was 5 or so. His name was Carrie, he was 14 and adopted from Canada. I told EVERYONE about him, including my Kindergarten teacher who asked my mom what grade he was in... and she told her I made him up. I then told everyone he died in a car accident while driving to Florida (...even though he was 14 and couldn't legally drive.) I was messed up even back then. -_-

·
Banned
4,659 Posts
I then told everyone he died in a car accident while driving to Florida (...even though he was 14 and couldn't legally drive.) I was messed up even back then. -_-
This story actually makes sense in a twisted way. It's because he couldn't legally drive but decided to drive to Florida anyway that caused him to have the accident. You weren't so messed up after all :D

·
The Nimbus Man
1,617 Posts
I really wanted one, but I just couldn't get into it.

·
Byebye SAS.
2,957 Posts
mine ended up real. I'm conflicted with trauma everyday since I found out. Reality sucks, when no one really believes you. I'm not even trolling... is that scary? Cause I thought it was scary at first too. Watch this post just get ignored... lol Oh well. still upset at the world.

·
Registered
334 Posts
mine ended up real. I'm conflicted with trauma everyday since I found out. Reality sucks, when no one really believes you. I'm not even trolling... is that scary? Cause I thought it was scary at first too. Watch this post just get ignored... lol Oh well. still upset at the world.
care to elaborate?

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
care to elaborate?
We're all ears :D Really, though, what do you mean by it ended up real?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts