Votes: 4 4.9%
  • still in HS

Votes: 1 1.2%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've tried and its not for me. i don't have the discipline for college.

·
UnDeRrAtED
34,712 Posts
I went to college up until my junior year that I had to drop out.

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
I tried it for a semester back when I was 27. I've always wanted a degree. I wish I had stuck with it then, but I too did not have the discipline, nor did I really know what i wanted. Now I do. I recently finished a foundation course here in the UK, it's like a..I don't know, I don't think there's an equivalent to it in the states. but I did very well, it was a course in art and design. I loved it, and I discovered that my true calling is art history. Now, I love education because it means following a passion. That's why i want that degree.
I also did not persevere back then because of SA, I let it beat me.

Perhaps what you care about does not lie in higher education.

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
No, but I've taken classes for nine years, and probably will go back to university and graduate eventually.

·
crazy
2,067 Posts
yes, but it took me quite a while, spread out over several years, and three different schools. apparently, dropping out due to anxiety is not the end of the world.

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
^ ah. well done.

·
Registered
62 Posts
yes, got my Bachelor of Arts degree in January of 2008. Planning to go for my master's a few years down the road

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
I'm about to start my second run at college -- returning on September 8th.

I quit my first program because the presentations, group work, and class discussions became too much. I'm going into what I hope is a more SA-friendly program this time around.

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
woo grats.

Graduated mech engineering a month ago!! (actually my grad ceremony is at the end of this month)

·
Après moi, le déluge
5,682 Posts
I have graduated from college twice now and am working on a third time. ;)

Have a nice day,
Kelly :)

·
PASTAMANIA BROTHER
441 Posts
Still going. My experience has been disappointing, though with my condition I didn't expect anything. I go to college...to learn, and that's about it lol. Luckily I don't get all panicky because my SA is not THAT bad, however I haven't made a single friend (and I've been in college for 6 years now).

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got my Bachelor of Arts in psychology in '02. I lived with my parents. Senior year was very hard. I finally had to fulfill the writing requirement that I had been putting off for years because of my huge emotional block about it. I was sure I would fail even though there was no reason to believe that. I just mentally tortured myself about it. I became chronically nauseous for no apparent physical reason. My parents were getting divorced then, too.

I was gifted/accelerated when I was younger - everyone expects so much of you that not having a graduate degree seems almost being a dropout.

·
breaking free
2,171 Posts
I'm still in high school, but I plan on graduating college.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've got 2 more years, and then hopefully I'll have my BA in sociology. :) And while I've struggled a lot with social anxiety in college, I'm pretty sure I'm going to go on to graduate school too.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Yes - ten years ago.
I would like to get a Master's Degree, though.

·
taking a break from SAS
1,408 Posts
I graduated with a B.S. in biology, took some extra classes in Chemistry but couldn't complete the requirements for a chemistry minor by graduation. Inspite of my science degree, my favorite class in college was Art History. I ended up taking the entire 3 course sequence in Art history for fun.

·
Registered
10,936 Posts
Yes, and I got a master's degree as well. I failed in my attempt at a PhD, though. I don't know if I'm going to give that another try or not.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts