Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love this game but I'm dying a lot.

There are times where I try to use stealth to get by enemies but I get detected. I don't know why. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

1. The part where you have to cross the bridge. Is there any way to sneak passed everyone? That's one issue I have with this game. There are times where I don't know if sneaking passed is possible.

2. The sewer when you get separated from Ellie. Can you sneak passed all those infected? It seems impossible.

3. Exiting the sewer when you and the black dude are locked in. That was very hard for me until I started throwing all my molotovs and bombs. I never know if I should conserve or use inventory.

People say this game is best enjoyed on hard but I'm having a hard time on normal. Was it hard for your? In other words, were there sections where you died a lot and felt almost frustrated?

·
Quo
1,964 Posts
I dont think it was that hard for me personally, on Normal. But i remember one part, where you had to start a generator and when you did a load of infected and a big fat ****er would drop down into the floor where you were. Man i died so many times on just that level alone.

But yeah, it wasnt easy, but wasnt exactly hard either, just right. I thought it was kinda bizarre and funny the way the enemies couldn't see Ellie, sometimes they would be walking right into her, in the end it was for the best though.

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
#2 & #3 are probably the most difficult parts of the game, especially when low on ammo/weapons. Well except for the hospital section...

You just need to die enough to recognize patterns improve your technique, and hope you get a good run.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
I found it quite comfortable on Normal. There was definitely some hellish moments though, usually involving those bloater things (I watched my skull get ripped apart countless times). I usually ended up just legging it (running) to get past those bits.

·
Karasuno's Ace
696 Posts
I struggled immensely in my first encounter with clickers. I died several times, because I didn't know their mannerisms well enough. I can't say I had many troubles after that part.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I struggled immensely in my first encounter with clickers. I died several times, because I didn't know their mannerisms well enough. I can't say I had many troubles after that part.
Same here. The clickers freaked me out, so I died like 5+ times after that because my sneaking skills were crap!

I died several other times during other parts, but I eventually figured out what I was supposed to do. There was one part close to the end, I won't mention it because of spoilers, but I died several times because of how creepy that part was for me.

·
Sane
1,334 Posts
I played it on hard difficulty from the out set. It was normal-ish difficulty for the most part, but it had some hard moments throughout the game, I've had the same experience on the Uncharted games (which I always play on hard difficulty on my first play through).

Hardest part for me was when Joel gives Ellie the rifle and you have to take out all of the guys silently. That first part was easy, but after you take out all the guys and then another horde of guys who already know you're there suddenly spawn, I had difficulty finding cover and keeping alive. Probably didn't help that I didn't have any first-aid kits during that part.

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm starting to get the hang of it more now that I'm using my ammo and supplies more liberally.

I have to say I heard this was a good game but I had no idea how good this was. This game sets a new standard.

·
castor sacs
7,092 Posts
Hm. There were some areas of the game where I died consecutively at least 2 or 3 times, but it was simply because I was reckless or had spent ammo in previous areas where I didn't need to. The friend who I borrowed the game from actually "helped" me in a couple short bits of combat, AKA, I died once and he grabbed the controller, calling me a n00b. He even teased me and said, man, it's like teaching a kindergartner how to play their first FPS. -_- It can be difficult, though, yes. Just make sure you sweep the area thoroughly for items so that you don't too often run out of stuffs. Prepare weapons early. For the sewer area, I personally just nail bombed the crap out of that place and skedaddled.

And yes, Last of Us is awesome. Probably one of my favorite games of all time.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
The Last Of Us was easy on all modes for me. Except for certain areas, like the last one, but that's because I try to use stealth as much as possible. Survival mode is a decent challenge, but not as frustratingly hard as the reviewers seemed to believe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts