Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Gone, Never Coming Back
4,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question is obviously targeted to those who have had sex, men and women. A while back I noticed one thread where a guy was considering going to a prostitute to lose his virginity. Whether he did it or not, I can't say, but it seems some people have it in their heads that losing their virginity will make their anxiety go away a bit.

Being curious and wishing to know the answer to this question, I'm asking all people who have had sex, whether it be with a loving partner, a friend, a stranger, a prostitute, or any possible person you could have had sex with, I want to know if it affected your anxiety in anyway. Please talk about how your anxiety was before you lost it and how it was after you lost it. Also include the age you lost it and who you lost it to.

·
Mega awesome
5,080 Posts
Well, I feel the same as before. I mean I was impatient and wanted to get it over with heh it wasn't that great of experience. I was 19 with some friend and it just happened, nothing was planned. And I also don't regret it..it is what it is.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I was 18 and it had no effect whatsoever. Well, it might have made it a little bit worse, because then instead of feeling awkward because I'd never had sex, I had my first stumble into the fact that I am not even human- I hate sex.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I think it doesn't help with confidence or anxiety at all if its a one night stand or similar things. Also, if your not feeling really confident with your partner it also doesn't really do a thing. Many people feel worse after that. But if you're in a loving relationship and you talk about it and everything feels alright its a great feeling. In my opinion its really one of the ways you feel truly loved. Sleeping with your partner and kinda meld together.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I felt a lil pressured so my first time wasn't what I wanted. I lost it at 19 and felt it helped me over the whole I'm a virgin anxiety but overall it didn't affect my sa much

·
Registered
21 Posts
I lost mine when I was 19 with someone I really loved and it did not affect my social anxiety with people. I've scored a few more times since and it has done nothing to lessen my anxiety with people including the opposite gender.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I guess it made it worst for me, but mainly because of the guy I was with. It made me feel more self conscious. I thought I was basically a monster, until I had to learn that the body I was born with is actually normal.

Eh, different experiences for everyone.

·
Gone, Never Coming Back
4,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks like my hypothesis was right so far. Losing your virginity really doesn't lower anxiety. I can understand why some people here are desperate and want to lose their virginity, but really, at what cost? If you do it once, you'll feel satisfied for a while, but you're just going to want to do it again and when you can't, is that really going to make you feel better?

·
avast ye landlubbers
2,055 Posts
Sex doesn't change a thing. It is normal and natural, people have it, it is not some huge life-changing experience at all. It is not a pass to a new secret club of cool people. It is not a silver bullet for depression or any other condition.

Unfortunately having sex seems required to understand this.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I was 16 with my boyfriend after a few months of us being together and I don't regret it at all I'm happy he was my first. As for the anxiety part I find that sex helps in the short-term and feel better overall, sometimes depending on the exprience i find it washs away my anxiety for the day. But if I don't have anything for a while I find i get more depressed easily.

·
Mega awesome
5,080 Posts
Looks like my hypothesis was right so far. Losing your virginity really doesn't lower anxiety. I can understand why some people here are desperate and want to lose their virginity, but really, at what cost? If you do it once, you'll feel satisfied for a while, but you're just going to want to do it again and when you can't, is that really going to make you feel better?
I agree. Losing virginity is not really a big deal for some. People make it out like such a big deal and omg I need to lose it but don't be so impatient, especially when you are so young. But what I am saying I was sort of the same way. I just think now I can look at it differently...it won't really change you.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
well sex is the ultimate goal as to be "physical/connecting" with someone :eek: if you never felt loved or misunderstood cant connect with people than sex can possible be a turn a round as to how you see things that relates to physical ....

·
Registered
406 Posts
Nope. It didn't really change my life at all. But I also didn't expect it to.

The people who operate under the assumption that sex is this big, life-changing thing and the earth will shift on its axis once they have it - well, they're most likely in for a surprise.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts