Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was at one job for 3 years, and I loved the job. Problem was because of my SA the love between me and co-workers never happened. It was constant gossip and teasing and there was nothing I could do about it. I held in my fraustration and anger for a long time until I finally complained, and that made things a whole lot worse. I couldn't handle it anymore and found a new job, but 1 year into this new job I have realized how much I hate it. My SA is affecting my performance but thats not my concern these days, what bothers me is I hate what the job is and past job I loved. I keep comparing the two jobs and question whether I should have quit. I know those people would have made my life a living hell if I stayed but I feel so bad now......

·
Registered
17 Posts
What good can possibly come from comparing these two jobs and second-guessing your decision to quit? Let's say that after a long spell of making yourself miserable and beating yourself up over this, you determine that you would've been better off at the old job. How does that help you now? You'd just be even more miserable. Or, let's say you determine that your old job was so bad that you're actually better off where you're at now. Does that help, either? You're still in a job you dislike.

Every time you're tempted to think about this stuff, tell yourself, "I did the best I could with the information I had at the time."

Why not focus your energy on finding a new job?

·
Registered
36 Posts
In my opinion, problems like this (gossip, teasing, etc., at work) will happen anywhere and everywhere you work, unless something in YOU changes. If your SA is so bad that it's causing these kinds of problems at work (and who here doesn't have problems at work due to SA), maybe it's time to seek therapy so that you don't have to continue this cycle?

Good luck!!

·
Registered
873 Posts
I keep comparing the two jobs and question whether I should have quit. I know those people would have made my life a living hell if I stayed but I feel so bad now......
Hello Capone,

I hear you loud and clear! I just gave up a job I loved because of 2 other coworkers with whom I have a severe personality conflict, but because of my SA--I tend to hold things in and they eventually would have blown up like what happened to you.

So, I chose to move into another position; I am having my doubts about liking this job, but this is the way I am looking at it...

It was a decision I made so I had control over that. ( a positive) Even if I don't like the job, I am away from those 2 other coworkers. (a positive) I have a fresh start with new coworkers, and I may eventually learn to love my new position. (potentially a positive).

Hang in there; I like the above suggestion to seek help--that's what I am going to do over the summer and try and get involved in some support groups. :squeeze

If I can do it Capone, so can you! :banana

You Friend in SAS. :hug
Star

1 - 4 of 4 Posts