Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This maybe a stupid question, but I suck at all things human and genuinely have no idea how socializing works.

A guy from class sent me a message on Facebook (our only form of communication, if that makes a difference) asking if I wanted to go to the movies tonight. We weren't really friends during the semester, but we sat together and he added me on Facebook when we were working on a project together. This is the first time I've talked to him since the class ended. So is that a date? Or was he just wanting to hang out?

I don't guess it really matters, because I freaked out and lied, telling him I already had plans, but I'm wondering.

·
Top 5 Poster
6,051 Posts
This maybe a stupid question, but I suck at all things human and genuinely have no idea how socializing works.

A guy from class sent me a message on Facebook (our only form of communication, if that makes a difference) asking if I wanted to go to the movies tonight. We weren't really friends during the semester, but we sat together and he added me on Facebook when we were working on a project together. This is the first time I've talked to him since the class ended. So is that a date? Or was he just wanting to hang out?

I don't guess it really matters, because I freaked out and lied, telling him I already had plans, but I'm wondering.
he asked you out on a date.

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
I guess it could be seen that way. You would've known for sure if you asked a couple of questions. Seems pretty random, but I guess Facebook was the only way he could get in contact with you.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess it could be seen that way. You would've known for sure if you asked a couple of questions. Seems pretty random, but I guess Facebook was the only way he could get in contact with you.
What kind of questions? Can I specifically ask if it's a date? It is seems random to me because every bit of contact we've had has been class related.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
First of all, do you like the guy?

He is obviously asking you on a date. If interested, you should go.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I think he's attractive but I wouldn't say I'm interested. From the few conversations we had in class I don't believe a date would go well. We have little to nothing in common and he's offended me more than once.

·
Patron St. of Mediocrity
3,188 Posts
I would call it a possible date. He certainly asked you out.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts

·
*sigh*
2,362 Posts
Please don't do that :(

I don't know you nor the guy, but if I had to guess, I would say he enjoys your company and wants to get to know you better, whether that evolves into a date is up to you ^^ and he may also be a bit shy, given the way he asked you, again if I had to guess.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts