Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
alien monk
8,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was walking to uni this morning and a guy who was also walking decided to talk to me. he was infront of me and he looked back a few times and slowed down so i would catch up, then just said hi and started talking. i guess it was about 20 mins longer to get there and we talked about our classes and stuff. it was nice, and i was totally non-anxious - just shows how relaxed i am when im out walking compared to being in a classroom.

anyway when i got to the library i said i't was nice talking to you' and he aked me my name, so i asked what his was. then i just said 'well i'll see you around' and went into the library. he pretty quitely said 'yeah see you round', but i think he was sad or something... well he looked like he wanted to talk more or exchange numbers or something. he was kind of holding his hand like he wanted to shake hands but i dont know.

anyway was it bad that i didnt give him my number or anything? i dont really know the protocol with meeting friends... i mean he was the one who started the conversation, if he wanted my number he could have just asked... anyway i thought it was quite cute once i had a chance to think about it, he was kinda young looking and really non-scary.

well i dont know, but it was my second conversation with a stranger for quite a while, so i am just quite happy that i dont seem to be too bad at this conversation thing.

·
Quo
101 Posts
I'm shocked at that a stranger would slow down and start making conversation with another stranger for no reason. Probably been in London for too long now..

More power to you though for keeping up a conversation like that, I think that is an achievement in itself, regardless of whether or not numbers were exchanged.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It's a good thing that u guyz clicked!
But I feel kinda creepy if some random ppl start talking to me.
That happened to me once, and that person still haunts me...

·
Lost
342 Posts
oh yeah cool ha what a friendly fellow.

Yeah I think you just made an acquaintance there i guess. I dont think he would have wanted your number...unless he was gay ha. its not really normal for guys to just meet like that and become friends...but i guess if you've seen the movie 'I love You, Man' it might be different. I guess you could have given him your number, like it wouldn't have been weird, but yeah i dont think he would really care.

anyway if its meant to be then you'll see him again.

·
Unavailable
212 Posts
I think you did well and handled it the way any person would whether they have SA or not. Most people don't randomly talk to strangers, so I don't really know how to handle it either. It's only happened to me a handful of times.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts