·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
really great book; i forget who the author is

·
Registered
126 Posts
I never realised this was a book - thanks for the author, PuzzledMike.

A picture of a grinning chimpanzee with the tag line "I feel like I am diagonally parked in a parallel universe" emblazoned over him - is on a fridge magnet I have. :lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
this was the book where I first learned about social anxiety. the title caught me because that was exactly how I felt.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah I have this book too. It helped me out a lot. It's very indepth, and covers just about all aspects of SA.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I have this book to. Its a pretty good read.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm working through this book for the third time. I appreciate the writer's willingness to put herself out there and acknowledge here own difficulties with SA/SP. She doesn't come across as cold and clinical, but rather, as someone who has been there and overcome her disorder. Plus, she's a good writer, which is certainly not always the case with self-help books.

·
Banned
360 Posts
Me, too. It includes a lot of great information you don't find in other SA books, like advice on how to develop your relationships and careers, date, and improve your "personal effectiveness."

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I didn't like it. I thought it was pompous and there were too many lists with bullet points. The bullet points really annoyed me. It was like a freakin' PowerPoint presentation. The only thing I liked were the illustrations with the cute people in snowsuits. I wish everyone would walk around in snowsuits like the people in the book 'cause then we'd all be so cute and cuddly.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm not a big fan of this book. I'd agree that it is pretty tedious. If you want a similar book that, in my opinion is better-I'd suggest Dying of Embarassment. It basically outlines the same things, but in a less repetitive way.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts