Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Yes. You must be true to yourself and don't sell yourself short. Only you know what you are worth so you must find confidence in this and never think you are not good enough for people. If they do however make you feel this way, then in my experience they're not the type for you to be around so start with working on your self acknowledgement and appreciation.

·
Starlight and moonbeams
20,920 Posts
If you think you're a loser, you'll attract losers. On the other hand, if you think you're a winner, you'll attract winners.

You just need more confidence.

·
SAS Master
943 Posts
I think I have this probably too, but it applies to my friends. I'm smart, doing well in college and all my good friends from high school are more into drugs and didn't go to college. I'm kind of falling into the same pattern again now, of how I choose friends. In a way, I think I must "subconsciously" think people are boring if they don't have problems

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
Self Esteem. What you need is healthy self esteem. What makes anybody better than anyone else? Each one of us our unique and have our own qualities and attractions. I think your answer may be that you have to love yourself. You need to fall in love with yourself and really believe that you would be a blessing to a man's life.

·
Registered
99 Posts
When you hit desperation for sure, and you follow through with something because of it, you'll feel empty after it all and ashamed of what you did.

At least I did.

·
Hiding In My Den
1,955 Posts
If you think you're a loser, you'll attract losers. On the other hand, if you think you're a winner, you'll attract winners.
This certainly isn't true...I think I'm far from a loser yet its all I ever seem to attract.

I do think the OP needs more self esteem though.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
I am not even sure how to word this. But basically it's like I become desperate. So desperate that I end up with guys that I would normally say I would not date. My perception and judgment changes the minute I think a guy really really really wants to be with me. I'll think..."How could I refuse such an offer? Someone actually likes me/wants to be with me!.."

I don't meet many guys as it is, and if I perceive a guy to be better than me I can't go out with him, I don't feel good enough. But then I will sooner or later realize the guy I am with is a loser or no good for me.

Is there a solution for this?
Do what I do......work on yourself. The only way the quality of your men will improve is if you yourself improve ;).

·
Registered
235 Posts
I am not even sure how to word this. But basically it's like I become desperate. So desperate that I end up with guys that I would normally say I would not date. My perception and judgment changes the minute I think a guy really really really wants to be with me. I'll think..."How could I refuse such an offer? Someone actually likes me/wants to be with me!.."

I don't meet many guys as it is, and if I perceive a guy to be better than me I can't go out with him, I don't feel good enough. But then I will sooner or later realize the guy I am with is a loser or no good for me.

Is there a solution for this?
you need to stick to your standards in dating and being with guys. Dont be with a guy just because, what the heck good will come of that? Be strong for you and be true to you. A guy will respect a women more for being strong then being weak.

shy

·
Registered
235 Posts
Is it normal to have random sex? I have been meeting guys who just act like it is the norm. (and I guess I still perceive this as wrong and is why I call them "losers")

I guess in my head you wait until your in a relationship for that.... or is that just up to the girl?
for the most part guys think that having random sex is the norm. If you allow yourself to sleep with any guy at random then that is what it will be, no commitment just basically sex.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts