Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

The name is Jasmine.
I found out I had social anxiety 7 years ago. These past 7 years have been hell. I live in agony every f****** day. I have severe SA. It affects my work, my friend and family relationships. I would say I don't have any real close friendships. I dart away my eyes from peoples eyes because I am afraid I will be rejected. I can't look into people's eyes because I am afraid they aren't going to like me. I walk weird because I feel like everybody is staring at me. And when all eyes are on me to do something I tremble and shake because everyone is staring at me. That's why I don't perform well at work. F*** i need help...I didn't have this before...actually naturally, i love people and i love to be social..but after a tragic event in my life everyone rejected me and im so afraid that will happen again. Whenever i meet people for the very first time I automatically feel that they won't like me...and old relationships in my life never get deep because I am afraid of being hurt...I just want to enjoy my life...this is sooo embarrassing. I can't tell normal people this...i need to tell people who deal with the same thing because people might think im mental and therefore turn from me...making me feel even more SAD...because I can NEVER develop any relationships..im sooo depressed...someone..anyone feel the same way?

·
Registered
41 Posts
You can see a professional about it or you can try and help yourself, taking small steps. You need to make a list of everything that gives you anxiety and tackle them starting with the easiest. For example, since you have problems with eye contact consider starting there. Make it a goal to make eye contact with X people everyday or every other day etc.. Even if you normally stay at home most of the time you have to break that habit...go somewhere, anywhere and work on your anxiety issues.

Every person you socialize with, even with something as small as eye contact and a smile, chips away at your social anxiety. You will get better and it will get easier...you just have to be dedicated and keep at it. I know from experience.

I don't have enough free time to be a life mentor for anyone...but if you need to talk or chat with anyone who has been through the same problems and made great progress let me know. The people here can help you a lot, but you have to wade through a lot of negativity.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Jasmine, welcome to :sas

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, ging3rs33dz! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts