Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As listed in the link has anyone tried any dopamine agonists? Have they help/hurt your cause? What were the social effects like? Any recommendation?

Also....This article suggest medicine as a way of changing your personality..... How does everyone else feel about that?

Personally I would love a personality change and would want to know where the line was so I could get the medicine. :)

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/life-art/200807/designer-personalities

·
Registered
440 Posts
As listed in the link has anyone tried any dopamine agonists? Have they help/hurt your cause? What were the social effects like? Any recommendation?

Also....This article suggest medicine as a way of changing your personality..... How does everyone else feel about that?

Personally I would love a personality change and would want to know where the line was so I could get the medicine. :)

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/life-art/200807/designer-personalities
Prozac has been known to change personalities. And not in the mood-brightening way, categorical and measured change of personality characteristics and temperament...

·
Yes
1,760 Posts
The article suggests that schizophrenic symptoms can be treated with dopamine agonists... wtf. Its definition of agonist is also off the mark.

Weak article if you ask me...

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Hmm... I'm sure they would reduce negative symptoms, but the most effective antipsychotics [for positive symptoms] are dopamine antagonists, so agonists would be expected to greatly exacerbate psychosis. I guess it depends what receptor the agonist hits, and other properties of the drug.

Another thing: dopamine agonists typically inhibit dopaminergic transmission for a few weeks, probably until the presynaptic receptors have time to downregulate. In this time the reduced dopamine effect acts as an antipsychotic, but only for this period. Could be very misleading.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm taking ropinirole, and it's good for my social phobia. My combo is dopamine agonist+anticholinergic+tianeptine. I'm not tolerate SSRI.

·
Registered
171 Posts
whats the best dopamine releaser out there?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts